Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge

@tsavorite  I admire your courage to get up and accomplish given the temporary challenges. 

@tsavorite wrote:

Well I am struggling today....didn't really want to do my weights but pressed on and got thur it this morning.  But I noticed I am having some dizziness issues (I have vertigo/dizziness on a frequent basis) I think when I tried laying on floor today for some exercising and possibly using a thing I bought for stretching low back area might have caused a problem for me.

When this happens I get upset...feel derailed and bummed out.  Taking meds that help with it make me sleepy...anyway trying to get it under control without it so far.

Honored Contributor

Little egg white,cottage cheese,feta cheese and roasted red pepper muffins that have an amazing texture due to this machine they are cooked in.They are tiny and you get about three bites out if each one....serving is two.They have a crispy outer and a velvety inner.You have to try them to experience it.

Respected Contributor

@SandPiper  thanks!  Sometimes for me it's impossible to tell if it's my vertigo beginning triggered usually from position I am in or something else...but you are right I must also consider just the fact that I am exerting myself can bring on dizziness too.  It is difficult to tell to be honest at first I just stop and sit up right and focus on a far point....no reading or watching TV and hope it gets better.  

Glad to report I am feeling better....took several hours to pass and I did take less then a 1/4 tab of my medication to help just in case....I can't risk it getting out of control on me.  

Thanks to everyone for support...it's nice to have a place to report the "ups and downs" of the journey for me.

I did shorten my workout as I had to....I wanted to try and do a few push ups or a plank ....I do them on my knees.  

Tomorrow is elliptical for me....then off to get my hair colored/cut....at least I'll look better LOL!

I tell myself when I am working out that "I am getting stronger" even if my body is saying "NO YOUR NOT" LOL!!  

Got read the other messages posted to be up to date....this is fun thanks to SeaMaiden for starting this up!!

Valued Contributor

@tsavorite  I am so happy you are feeling better. You have a great positive attitude as well. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

@dex OMGosh these sound incredible. I looked them up. Did you see     wellnessmama website. Search on site Sous Vide Egg Bites recipe. She says you can make them in egg poaching cups in a water bath. Her recipe calls for bacon but it seems the recipe is versatile and you can add whatever you want. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone want my Baked Oatmeal recipe?  I use it alot! Also my apple pancakes, made as healthy as can be.

I got these when I was on the WW board for Real Foods.  

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean: Yes- recipes please. Thank you. SouthernBee 

Esteemed Contributor

Baked Oatmeal

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1/2 cup sugar (I use 1/4 cup maple syrup)

1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (I use olive oil)

1 egg

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. vanilla

Instead of the vanilla, I put fruit in it, frozen or fresh,  grease a square pan put all in mixed with the fruit and bake 20 - 30 min. at 350 degrees. 

Apple Pancakes

1 egg

1 cup buttermilk or more

3/4 cup flour - any kind, I've been using whole wheat

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup wheat germ or I've been using oat bran

1 grated apple (I use the food processor)

I use only pure maple syrup for the topping but you can also use strawberries and whipped cream. When using blueberries, I use a cup and not the apple.  When I double the batch, I use 1 apple and 1 cup or other fruits.

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper thanks for the recipe blog.I will give those a try because I have to say that they are amazing....you gotta try them

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee I am sorry that you are having problems with the Omron pedometer. I had it and used it until I got the FitBit. I then gave it to a friend who reprogrammed it. The steps I got on it agreed within a 100 of what I got with the FitBit. The buttons on it are small, and although it resets at Midnight, I thought the memory function kept info for a week. It is a basic pedometer, I regret recommending it based upon my experience plus the reviews

We have another day of school closures because of ice and snow. Winter is so depressing. I can handle cold but not being able to venture out much because of the snow and ice gets old. I did my exercise while watching ER.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.