Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity  As you know IF is backed by research and a great strategy...I don't deprive myself.  I'm currently on a plant based 6 hour window....works for me!   Hope you are keeping up the good work!

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@sfnative@I wish I knew how to crochet and knit.I wonder how many calories that burns.Seriously though nobody in my family has any knitting or crochet skills and I always wanted to learn as I love homemade items especially for babies.

@dex

Well, I'll tell you: it's never to late to learn.  If you have a Joann's or Craft World or Michael's near you, go take a look, talk with staff and sign up for a beginner's course.  If you lived near me, we could get together, as I love to teach.  Do reach out to these stores, as many have turned to them and their classes.  Additionally, "Craftsy," an online vendor of many things craft-related, offers digital classes, for which you pay a fee/DVDs that you can play over and over and over.  "Annie's" also offers digital classes like Craftsy.

As far as burning calories, I'd say that there's probably a bit of a difference between recreational knitting and crochet versus contract knitting and crochet.  By the second, I mean that one has orders to fill, so the pace, energy, and adrenalin are at a higher rate, but I frankly can't think that anything I do actually burns enough calories to count for much - even the huge unicorn blanket I made for my granddaughter's 4th birthday right up to the last minute.  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PSX_20170921_085913.jpg@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  As you know IF is backed by research and a great strategy...I don't deprive myself.  I'm currently on a plant based 6 hour window....works for me!   Hope you are keeping up the good work!

IF Game changer for me. Never felt more satisfied. Beauty of IF each individual designs own windows. Tweek mine as needed. Key for me allowing time in between food for melobotic eliminating toxins. Fiber and hydration equals colon health. "Healthy New Year"

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Look at you sassy girl!  Yes, I stated "currently" using a 6 hour window.  I also am flexible and never want to be boxed in.  Our bodies and needs change and I love feeling the freedom to do what works best. Health and nutrition is a passion in my life and I'm consistently growing/learning/evolving as it brings joy. Looking forward to 2018 and all the exciting changes for each of us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PSX_20170921_085913.jpgPSX_20171117_035140.jpg  

Motivated to get healthy researched....

"Plant Based Lifestyle"  life changing experience. IF one component makes a difference. I keep learning power real food along with stress management plays in our well being. 

Reversed inflammation throughout my body. PBL-mind body soul connection. Stretching exercises vitally important especially as we age. "Moving Target is Harder To Hit" 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

6 below zero right now, and I'll be returning to work at school. I'm debating just .taking the day off from cycling and just count steps or add the cycling when I get home.  The larger step count is with the FitBit converting to the cycling to steps. That may not be accurate but it enables me to see the diference between plain walking in 6 below temps and cycling.  I also keep track of active mnutes, which are those minutes involved in exercise intense enough to raise heart rate and oxygen exchange.

StepsJan2.JPG 

activeminJan2.JPG

The fact that I was on a school break enabled me to rack up some minutes when cycling while watching TV. Most of my active minutes have come from cycling. For example, today I have zero minutes of active minutes but now have about a 1000 steps when I did the screen shot of active minutes. The zero active minutes of the day of last week is the day I took off from cyclling and just did stuff around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I just can’t get over how healthy and beautiful you look.Oh it just makes me want to try fasting but I am always shakey and weak feeling when I don’t eat regularly.What is your workout routine?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I just can’t get over how healthy and beautiful you look.Oh it just makes me want to try fasting but I am always shakey and weak feeling when I don’t eat regularly.What is your workout routine? 

Think you misunderstood IF.  Never starved in fact lifestyle based on whole foods rich in nutrition and volume. Before PBL never satisfied. 

Exercise using various activities walking daily, elliptical machine few days a week and swimming indoor pool. Why not start walking? No equipment needed. Easy does it, Do not stress your body. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@dex wrote:

Think you misunderstood IF.  Never starved in fact lifestyle based on whole foods rich in nutrition and volume. Before PBL never satisfied. 

Exercise using various activities walking daily, elliptical machine few days a week and swimming indoor pool. Why not start walking? No equipment needed. Easy does it, Do not stress your body. 

@Sweet_Serenity

Your photos are lovely!

Yes, the foundational lesson everyone can learn from

your example is....Plants Are King.  

Intermittent Fasting & Movement are wonderful additions,

but the key for Health inside & out is/was/always will be....Plants! 

Everyone, no matter what dietary plan, needs the addition of plants

for optimum health.  

The more, the better.

🥗🥦🥒🥕

Honored Contributor

sidsmom..🍇🍎🍒❣

Importance always "Plant Based Lifestyle" real living foods. 

Thank you for your continued support and helping others.