Honored Contributor

2/1 VIENNA SAUSAGES and others. Canned meat and poultry products from Conagra recall

[ Edited ]

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls-alerts/conagra-brands-recalls-canned-meat-and-poultry-products-due...

Below is quoted from the USDA page above:

WASHINGTON, Jan. 31, 2023 – Conagra Brands, Inc., a Fort Madison, Iowa establishment, is recalling approximately 2,581,816 pounds of canned meat and poultry products due to a packaging defect that may cause the products to become contaminated without showing any outward signs of contamination, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The meat and poultry products were produced between December 12, 2022, and January 13, 2023. The following products are subject to recall: [view spreadsheet] [view labels].

The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P4247” on the product cans. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.

The problem was discovered when the establishment notified FSIS after observing spoiled and/or leaking cans from multiple production dates at the establishment’s warehouse.

Subsequent investigation by the establishment determined that the cans subject to recall may have been damaged in a manner that is not readily apparent to consumers, which may allow foodborne pathogens to enter the cans.

-------------

From me:

MULTIPLE BRANDS OF VIENNA SAUSAGES AND POTTED MEAT IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS ARE INCLUDED, INCLUDING ARMOR, KROGER, GRACE, GOYA, GREAT VALUE, HARGIS HOUSE, HEREFORD, PRAIRIE BELT, VALRICO AND OTHER STORE BRANDS AND A PRODUCT CALLED POTTED MEAT. There are photos where it says to view labels. 

I am so glad I opened this up. My husband just brought home last week. I'm so glad he didn't eat it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 2/1 Canned meat and poultry products from ConAgra recall

Yikes!  I loved those when I was a little kid!  

Honored Contributor

Re: 2/1 VIENNA SAUSAGES and others. Canned meat and poultry products from Conagra recall

@Mindy D    I believe it was Conagra that was behind one of the big peanut butter recalls.  I read labels and try to avoid their products.  I wonder about sanitation in their processing facilities.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: 2/1 VIENNA SAUSAGES and others. Canned meat and poultry products from Conagra recall

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    I believe it was Conagra that was behind one of the big peanut butter recalls.  I read labels and try to avoid their products.  I wonder about sanitation in their processing facilities.

@Kachina624 @They own so many brands. I don't find them having more recalls than others. In this case, there's no contamination. They produced some defective cans. They don't make Jif. The huge recall last year was Jif. They make Peter Pan. I  remember that recall. I think there was one in 2015 and 2016 and I think there was a different recall in 2005 or 2007. 94982864-FEBE-4707-A7DA-1FEC0B09FD4E.png

Honored Contributor

Mine have been in the pantry awhile; they're good.  

Honored Contributor

Vienna Sausages 🤢🤢🤢
Respected Contributor

I loved those when I was a kid; everyone ate them...I wouldn't dream of eating them now. 

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Vienna Sausages 🤢🤢🤢

@bikerbabe    I used to love them but haven't eaten one since I read the ingredients one day.  Put the can down and never again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment