Respected Contributor

Re: 17 "Truths" About Cancer

@Silver Lining wrote:

Thank you @pitdakota for your comments and the link. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago and is now recovering from surgery. She has an aggressive form of cancer that her doctors said has not spread. She will undergo further treatment soon. I'm already terrified and seeing #10 on this chart threw me into total panic. I appreciate your wisdom and clarification and that of others on this subject.

@Silver Lining, I am sorry to hear about your sister.  Sending healing thoughts and prayers.  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Re: 17 "Truths" About Cancer

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   the leading cause of cancer death among women is Lung cancer with this info  so maybe the info out there is conflicting??

Leading Causes of Cancer Death Among Women

Lung cancer (35.4)

• First among white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women.
  • Second among Hispanic* women.

Breast cancer (20.7)

• First among Hispanic* women.
  • Second among white, black, and Asian/Pacific Islander women.
  • Third among American Indian/Alaska Native women.

Colorectal cancer (12.1)

• Second among American Indian/Alaska Native women.
  • Third among white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic* women.

Source: U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2013 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta (GA): Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2016. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/uscs.

*Hispanic origin is not mutually exclusive from race categories (white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native).