Honored Contributor

Re: 13 States Already at 70% Vaccinated with at least one shot!

@Deree 

I am with you on all of your post. However, when it comes to your "signature line"!   Specifically the very last sentence, which I will assume is in all your posts?  

You lost me completely with that specific comment. Driving a motor vehicle is a person's total responsibility. An airborne virus on the other hand? To me, it is a theory, that cannot pinpoint the exact person to place blame. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Deree 

I am with you on all of your post. However, when it comes to your "signature line"!   Specifically the very last sentence, which I will assume is in all your posts?  

You lost me completely with that specific comment. Driving a motor vehicle is a person's total responsibility. An airborne virus on the other hand? To me, it is a theory, that cannot pinpoint the exact person to place blame. 

hckynut 

@hckynut  I don't know what's so puzzling about my signature line, "Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem."

It has been proven that taking precautions of wearing a mask and social distancing prevents transmission of the virus (or any virus for that matter).  In fact, it actually falls under the category of "Common Sense."  If everyone had taken these precautions from the beginning, we would not still be in a pandemic 17 months later.  If you don't agree with that and think it's just "a theory", there's not much anyone can say to you. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Nothing puzzling about it, just that as you said, it's obvious common sense,  and maybe some--like me-- don't see why it must be posted again and again and again on these boards. 

Frequent Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I agree that the Covid shot should not be called a vaccine. It doesn't cure, just makes one less susceptible to the virus. I admit that I have called it a vaccine just because the term is so commonly used, but it isn't accurate.

That's what all vaccines do -- make one less susceptible to whatever you're vaccinating against, e.g. pnemonia, shingles, covid.  Not aware that any of them cure.  

Honored Contributor

@Deree 

You must follow different experts than I choose to believe. Masks?  You can find many, maybe more, that do not agree these things helped control this virus. Distancing?  I remember seeing a lot of stats that said much of the viruses came from those that stayed locked up.

Me, part of the solution? No. Part of the problem? If you want to count me being 80-81 during this pandemic as part of the problem, fine with me. Otherwise a resounding NO. There has not been a single expert that I follow(believe 100%) that will back up either of those statements. 

And the word "if"?  There is no way you or any expert can know that as a fact. Speculate/Conjecture/Tarot Cards? I can speculate with the best of them, but that, from anyone, does not make things believable or certainly not factual.

And as I said in my other post with @Deree.  It is a theory until someone can go "back to the future" and have a Do Over.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I listen to my Dr. and what he feels is best for me personally....He had Covid and has, obviously, been on the frontlines dealing with this pandemic from the beginning...witnessing it all...continuously committed and dedicated to all in his care.

I can't even begin to express my admiration and gratefulness to him and and his staff for being there and addressing my concerns throughout it all.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Glad to see my state, Washington, is at 70% vaccinated. 

@LuvmyLab  MeToo!

Esteemed Contributor

So 13 states have 70% of their adult population mostly vaccinated.  Really poor results.  An embarrassing result.

That means that 37 states are doing even worse.

That means a portion of this 70% is not even fully vaccinated.

That means that people under 18 years old, about 25% of total population, are not even being evaluated as a part of the 70%.  Throw them in and get down to 50% being partially vaccinated.

Fail!

Super Contributor

AZ where I live was one of the first states to let all the mandates end, yet they are only 38% vaccinated.

I'd feel better if it were 70%, but that is doubtful in this state.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@eadu4 - Check out the news this morning on MedPage Today.  The article is entitled: "AMA Debates Value of Natural Immunity to COVID
— Should those who have had a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection receive vaccination credentials?"

Read it and weep for our nation and for science.  Since when does natural immunity not matter?  When heavily conflicted delegates at the AMA and CDC say it doesn't matter?  Is that when? Scientific facts are being ignored and debated, as if the debate results are scientific, without proper experimentation to back up the conversation. The scientific process has now been reduced to a single conversation at a meeting, with predetermined results that financially benefit all who force through that predetermined new public health policy. Wow!

That many at the NIAID under Fauci make so very much money off of their patents on this mRNA technology and therefore on every single shot sold should concern all of us. as it makes one wonder if science even exists any longer.  I would argue that the science of immunology is dead.  I predict that today's emergency meeting at the CDC to discuss the cases of heart inflammation in young people due to the COVID shots will do nothing to change their recommendations that everyone take the shots anyway.  

Contrast that with Italy.  One beautiful young woman died from her AZ shot, and now no one under age 60 is being recommended to take that particular shot. Camilla Canepa, an 18-year-old Italian woman developed blood clots, and died two weeks after her AstraZeneca shot. Does Italy care more about its young population than we do?  Sure seems likely.

Does the Astra Zeneca shot with the mRNA technology?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life