Esteemed Contributor

Re: 12/31 Public Health alert from USDA due to ineligible imported meat and poultry

@PickyPicky3 

Same here , as I have a few  family run Asian restaurants that I love , but am now concerned that they might have been adding these ingredients to their menu selections. I think , I'm going to forego any  Asian food for a while. I will just have to cook  at home some Asian dishes.

Honored Contributor

Re: 12/31 Public Health alert from USDA due to ineligible imported meat and poultry

[ Edited ]

@skatting44  @PickyPicky3 Some of these restaurants might be picking up supplies from Asian grocery stores and supply places that could be selling them the products. The suppliers, grocery stores and restaurants would have no way of being alerted. Alerting the restaurant would take some real tact to pull off. I wish USDA could notify Asian grocery stores and restaurants using the photos. 

Respected Contributor

Despite the fact that both @skatting44 and I hold honorary degrees in Modern Social Tact, we really have no idea if any other quantity of these foods got through. So best not to say anything.

Super Contributor

Our food supply is not safe and getting worse.  We don't have enough people inspecting.  Now Chinese companies are buying many of our supplement chains.  GNC has been gobbled up by a Chinese company so have many others.  Our trusted brands are now either in Chinese hands or belong to some Investment company.  I am sure their concern is not food or product safety but profit.  Almost every day there is a recall for salads. Listeria, Salmonella, E-Coli.  Most of them caught way after the expiration dates and probably consumed by the time they initiate a recall.  I don't eat anything anymore that can't be cooked.  Right now it's not safe.  I envy the people who can grow their own food and raise their own chickens and cattle.