Respected Contributor

1 week update on wifes brain surgery.

Good afternoon everyone. Its a week today that Maria had Brain surgery. Its called  chari malformation surgery. I'm not positive I spelled it right. She said hospital staff treated her very good. When she woke up from surgery she was in aot of pain and started vomiting right when she woke up.she's having a hard time sleeping. She can move her neck a little more now. But its going to take her a while to get back to herself. A few time I was cooking dinner and she said what do you want we do. I said your job is to rest and recover. The first 3 days she was home her   that we live above .cooked dinner for us. Yestauday I made tacos with a pasta side dish with leftovers and today I made breaded chicken cutlets with stuffing and carrots. And I made brownies and I have dough rising for pretzels. And right now she having a really hard time trying to go to the bathroom. They gave her stool softeners but there not working well at all. I thank everyone her your thoughts , prayers and well wishes. 

Valued Contributor

Re: 1 week update on wifes brain surgery.

Sending prayers to both of you

Contributor

The painkillers she's probably on are VERY constipating.  After my husband's amputation, he was on Percocet and would have the same difficulty.  Colace helps.  She may need a higher dose if they aren't helping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1,

You seem like the sweetest husband!

I hope your wife heals well and feels  better every day!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

With all you have going on it's thoughtful for you to take the time and post an update. Hope things continue to go well. Sounds like you have some great neighbors.

Respected Contributor

I am happy your wife's surgery was successful and she is at home recovering.  Yes, it may take some time, and you will be the main keeper of the home, but it seems that the prognosis is positive.  Perhaps you need to adjust your wife's diet (add fibers, fruits, juices) and ensure she is well hydrated for her best health outcomes.

Esteemed Contributor

glad to hear your wife is doing well.....as far as how pain meds affect your digestive system.....i have found that prune juice does the job!!  hope you give it a try.....works for me every time.......other posters have agreed......

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 I was so glad to see your update. Hopefully, the worst of the ordeal is over. What you are doing to care for your wife is amazing! As for her "going" problem, bran flakes, shredded wheat, prunes, and watermelon can help a lot. Drinking a lot of water helps, too. I am just grateful you are home together and the worst of the ordeal is behind you.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1  Thank you for taking the time to update us on your wife's progress. I agree with everyone else about the pain medication. When my husband had knee replacement surgery he had the same problem. That could also be why she's having trouble sleeping. Sounds like other than those issues, she's doing pretty well. With all your help at least she doesn't have to worry about house stuff or dinner. Take care.❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 

You're a very kind, compassionate and caring husband, your wife's a lucky woman.Heart

Still sending.....

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.