WEN

Honored Contributor

will Wen Seasonal Gallons be offered next year?

[ Edited ]

This year was the first time that selected Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners were finally offered in the gallon size. The hosts haven't shared any number yet, but I'm guessing that they must be popular (based on how many QVC brought in) -- SMC sold out on June 8th and the hosts periodically mention that WVM is likely the next gallon to go.

So then why do the hosts keep mentioning that they don't know if Seasonal gallons will be offered next year. Some host just seem to hint at it, while others come right out and say it.

And in tonight's Friday NIght Beauty, Jane Tracey said: 

The Seasonals, we don't know if we're going to be able to do it again next year. 

Do they really think this is the case, or is this a sales strategy. Jane did suggest that people purchase the number of Seasonal gallons they want, based on the knowledge that they may not be back next year. 

I'll have to compare the the sales figures for this year's gallons with those for 2013 and 2014, but I think that overall sales are slower this year. -- It may simply be that with all the new Cleansing Conditioner options now available that sales for the Wen gallons has dipped. For example, they haven't had a single presentation of the Kids gallons even though they are available for purchase. Maybe they want people to focus on purchasing the Core gallons. -- The June gallons threads below include the day by day purchasing stats: 

June 2015 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

June 2014 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

June 2013 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

June 2013 (recap) - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered 

Even though I don't purchase Wen gallons, I think it's important to have the various categories of Wen made available at certain times of the year. 

In the end, I'm really not sure what to think...

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: will Wen Seasonal Gallons be offered next year?

I have heard the hosts say, "These may not be offered again."    Couldn't tell if that was a "hint", or just part of the sales pitch.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Maybe they just mean that the scents that are offered this year may not be in the seasonal line-up next year.  Not that there won't be any seasonals offered in gallons at all.

Valued Contributor

Spoiler
Sadly, sometimes these decisions must be based on meetings between the QVC buyers and Chaz and/or his sales reps, and whether or not the prospect is sufficiently  profitable for each.  I don't buy gallons (at least not yet) but appreciate the value of having the gallons available. 

Maybe they think they will be back but just don't know which scents will be coming next year? I am hopeful that we will get some great products offered. I may even buy a gallon next year if they offer FTP. Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

Sorry about the spoiler tag in the above post, I must have hit the wrong thing. My post was in no way a spoiler!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have heard the hosts say, "These may not be offered again."    Couldn't tell if that was a "hint", or just part of the sales pitch.

I think it's both - it is sales pitch, because they still have gallons remaning and only a couple of days left to sell them, and they also do NOT know yet. It's too early for them to "know".