WEN

Contributor

wen - using it as skincare

[ Edited ]

Okay.... I finally bit the bullet and ordered the WEN 319 as my moisturizer for my face.  However.....  I have read that Chaz uses the WEN 319  body creme as his facial cleanser.  Would it still work as cleanser if I used the seasonal or Light version instead of the 319?  The reason I'm asking is I have the light already from the last TSV and I have the new tropical scent coming now. I've been using my seasonal every day as cleanser already. BUT... as a WENner I feel like I wonder if I'm missing out.  LOL! Are there really any other ingredients in the body version that I would be missing out on my skin? 

Thank you for any help you can give a fellow WENner? 

Respected Contributor

Re: wen - using it as skincare

I use the bamboo to wash my face, but not as a facial moisturizer - never heard of that.

Contributor

Oh I'm sorry! Re-reading my post I wasn't clear.  LOL! I ordered the 319 moisturizer for my daily moisturizer!  I was wondering about the body cleanser as my facial cleanser.  I read that Chaz uses the -

319 body creme as his cleanser

the 319 replenishing mist

319 Intensive body treatment as his moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

@MOFirmer

Chaz often says that he uses all the Cleansing Conditioners as well as the Body Cleansers on his face and body.  But the Body Cleansers are made for the body, so they do have ingredients more geared to skin rather than hair like the Cleansing Conditioners.

I've been using a seasonal CC for facial cleansing lately and it works just great.  But I am going to order the 319 Body Cleanser this visit to give that a try.

Many of these products can be used for various things.  It's all up to you!  Enjoy!🙂

Trusted Contributor

@MOFirmer I can use the CC with no problem cleansing my face.  Tried the body cleanser and it broke me out a little.  Was fine on my body though.

The 319 and the 613 are both awesome for me as a facial moisturizer.  Hope you love it!

Super Contributor

I think the 319 BCC has hyaluronic acid in it and I noticed that unlike the other BCC scents (I have tea tree as well), it doesn't have soapwort. 

I've used all 319 products on my face and I find they work best of all the WEN products for facial skincare. I also use the 319 oil on my face and absolutely love it. That being said, when I'm washing my hair I will use whatever I'm using on my hair on my face.

Contributor

Thank you all SO much for your input!!!!   I have a feeling I will end up caving on the WEN body cleanser.  LOL!  I have already been using whatever I'm using on my hair on my face.  I didn't know if I was missing out on something.  Smiley Happy  I ordered the body treatment and today I ordered the seasonal cleansing trio.  LOL! 

Respected Contributor

Hi MOFirmer!  Yeah, I was gonna say, what's that mish mosh your talkin'!  LOL!  Just kidding.  I think any of the seasonals or 319 or 613 is wonderful to cleanse face and body with.  The 319 and 613 body cleanser is wonderful too.  For me, I can NOT do without the NBT though.  I use that every time I get out of the shower, head to toe, face included.  I find I don't have to apply it again until after my next shower and my face is sooo smooth and soft.  It IS turn back the clock technology just like Chaz says.  I have heard Chaz say that while you are still wet and in the tub after your shower, you know like shake off the water, shower turned off, you could apply some CC and leave it on but I wouldn't slather it on.  He said this about Wen Men.  I'm sure it could be done with others but as far as a leave on body treatment the NBT can NOT be beat.  I even use the scented ones on my face too.  I have two Lights, one PJP, one Peach, one CLV, one 613.  I had the 20 oz. 319.  I see that's offered now too!  the 319 is good if you don't want to use scent on the face zone.  But in my opinion, the VERY best daily moisturizer is the NBT in any scent!  Even if I skip a day the results are still there.  It's like nothing I've ever tried, really!  So unbelievable!  So indulgent!  YUM!  Soooo luxurious!

Trusted Contributor

I have combination oily skin (adult acne) and the funny thing is I had very clear skin as a teenager. So I usually dont use moisturizer or any products containing oil because I would wake up very oily. When Chaz says for Wen that cleansing your scalp but not overdrying it reduces the amount of oil you produce to help you balance out, I have found that to be very true for my face. Acne targeting products are drying and apparently I was on a cycle of oily skin, overdrying facial cleanser.

319 NIBT is the ONLY moisturizer I use on my face! So I decided to try the body cleanser for my face as well. I pair it with a reduced strength acne wash and I no longer get dry. My acne cleared up and my skin is smooth. Even the tone is balancing out now (I had areas of hyperpigmentation).

Yes, the body cleanser has more skincare ingredients than the cleansing conditioner and you may be very pleased with the results pairing it with 319 NIBT. I hope you will love the duo as much as I do!

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

@MOFirmer,

When it comes to using Wen as skincare, don't forget you can easily mix up a little homemade Wen exfoliating sugar scrub for face and body, or Wen salt scrub for feet.

I love soaking my feet in 2-3 gallons of warm Wen water, then finish off with an exfoliating Wen salt scrub.

Coarse salt for feet.

Either coarse or fine granulated sugar (white or brown) for body.

Fine granulated (brown or white) sugar for face.

Use your imagination, with whatever Wen oil and cc you have on hand.

Example : Mix about 10 drops of Wen oil into 2 Tbls fine granulated sugar. Add cc, mixing until it is about the consistancy of Pla-Doh, or add more cc if you like your scrub creamier. Use within 24 hours.

You can make it using oil, no cc. Or try cc, no oil.