WEN

Occasional Contributor

wen 32 oz summer mango coconut bottle not sealed?

I received my shipment of the 32 oz bottle of Summer Mango Coconut last night.  However when I opened the bottle to make sure it was sealed, there was no seal on the bottle.  This is the only Wen cleansing conditioner I've received that the bottle wasn't sealed.  And it's not like this is Chaz's first product ever produced. 

I'll also add that this is the second year in a row that this particular product didn't have a seal on the bottle either. My last year's order of the 32 oz SMC also arrived without a seal.  I called customer service, and was told that this is a manufacturing issue and the product is shipped directly from Wen's factory.  QVC is not taking any responsibility for the bottle not having a seal.  Last year they offered to send me a replacement provided I send back the one I received, and they would make a note on my account that they won't deduct the $6.95 shipping fee.  However I ordered it on the very last day it was offered, so when I called them to complain about the unsealed bottle I received, they said the product was no longer available.  

Although the product looks okay, how do I know this isn't a returned product that was previously used by someone else?  Has anyone else experienced this problem with the SMC?  All the other Wen CC's that I received have all been sealed.

QVC Customer Care

Re: wen 32 oz summer mango coconut bottle not sealed?

@sak  I have sent an email off to the Buyers to see if they have others expirencing this. I will let you know when I hear back.

Thank you for posting!

Susan Q-Social

QVC Customer Care

@sak   I have sent you an email regarding this issue.

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

@sak - I had the same thing happen with a recent order of Peter Thomas Roth products.  I was given an explanation that it's a choice by the manufacturer, I can't say I was happy about it.  I kept the products, but I'm still in two minds about using them.  Cosmetic items (just like food) should be sealed for quality assurance!

Honored Contributor

That is odd. I haven't bought a 32oz bottle of Wen in awhile but my 16oz AD bottle that just arrived was sealed. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@sak I agree, that is certainly odd.  I have never received a bottle of CC that wasn't sealed.  Good luck getting this resolved. Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any 32oz CC I ever received whether core or seasonal has always been sealed, as well as smaller 16oz bottles. Sounds like hogwash to me. I would send it right back for replacement & Q should cover your return shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

My guess would be such a bottle could possibly be a returned product, when someone would open the seal to smell it or try it out of the bottle, and then send it back. I do not think it comes from a manufacturer like this.

I received something like that couple of times, don't remember what exactly, not WEN products though, and this is what I thought -  tried and returned product.

Trusted Contributor

I received unsealed Bare Minerals one time and when I called CS I was told that beauty returns are sent to a different warehouse than the shipping warehouse so it would be impossible to receive a beauty return.