WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: suggestions for hair going down hill

@Drythe wrote:

@elrager

I think CA may not be moisturizing enough for your hair, and as others have mentioned, you might want to try a finisher.  SC works wonderfully for me.

@DrytheHa! Love your profile pic!!

Respected Contributor

@elrager I definitely agree with the suggestion to add some oil treatment and change your CC. Obviously the salon won't tell you to stop using WEN, but since you probably don't need to stop WEN, I would say to re-consider calling this week. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

@elrager  Are you using enough water when you are cleansing and rinsing your hair thoroughly.  Are you using enough CC on your ends?  Using the oils will help with frizziness.  When you apply remoist is in on wet dripping hair.  If you don't have wet dripping hair remoist cannot penetrate in hair and how long do you leave remoist in?  I use the seasonals and get helps with frizziness.  How often do you cleanse your hair.  Maybe try one additional day and see if that helps.  Do you bow dry your hair or air dry it?  Just throwing out suggestions here.  I think the core cc may not be working for you.  Maybe try mixing the seasonal and core CC and see if this helps.  

Regular Contributor

You really need to call Chaz's customer service if you want help to figure out your situation.  If you are really just wanting to stop using WEN, none of us will be able to help you with that.  We LOVE our WEN!!!

Super Contributor

My two cents is just that hair and skin adapt to our products and some times we need to switch it up a bit before we can go back to old faithful.

with frizzy hair, I suggest first a good trim...not cutting inches off but a precise cut...and please make sure they sharpened their scissors! My new hairdresser has a tendency to use old blunt scissors, and I get frizzy fly away ends...so now I ask when did u sharpen these?lol I'm tipping so I'd like to get a good service, you know?

also you may want to just switch one of your styling prods. I find the 613 mousse and styling cream are better at straightening hair than the regular line. my hair is just plain unruly, like me lol, so I need the 613 to smooth it out, and the regular works to give me waves and curls...613 seems to me, to just smooth things overall so hair is easier to work with.

if that doesn't do it, a clear glossing treatment would settle the cuticles down and make them lay flat plus give you more shine...and it's very low peroxide so it's gentle. 

Super Contributor

@chickenmoo wrote:

My two cents is just that hair and skin adapt to our products and some times we need to switch it up a bit before we can go back to old faithful.

with frizzy hair, I suggest first a good trim...not cutting inches off but a precise cut...and please make sure they sharpened their scissors! My new hairdresser has a tendency to use old blunt scissors, and I get frizzy fly away ends...so now I ask when did u sharpen these?lol I'm tipping so I'd like to get a good service, you know?

also you may want to just switch one of your styling prods. I find the 613 mousse and styling cream are better at straightening hair than the regular line. my hair is just plain unruly, like me lol, so I need the 613 to smooth it out, and the regular works to give me waves and curls...613 seems to me, to just smooth things overall so hair is easier to work with.

if that doesn't do it, a clear glossing treatment would settle the cuticles down and make them lay flat plus give you more shine...and it's very low peroxide so it's gentle. 

I would like to echo this.  I was just about to post and use almost these exact same words.  I'd change it up with the CC and add in the mousse.  My hair can get very frizzy and the mousse has made an incredible difference.  I'm now able to let my hair dry about 90% and then hit it with the blow dryer and it's perfect.  I could never do that before.  Good luck.  I'm sure WEN customer service could help you out.  Maybe try a core as your first cleanse and a seasonal as your second cleanse.  This works well for my color-treated, coarse, and often frizzy hair.

Respected Contributor

I always make sure my whole scalp and hair are creamed up thickly and add enough water to emulsify.  Make sure to RINSE until squeaky and comb while rinsing.  I have to blow dry or I look like Robert Plant.  I mostly rough dry and just go a few passes with round brush and I'm golden.  I spritz some of my root area with a volumizer, Wen, of course, of my choice before blow drying too.  I'd NEVER go back to shampoo.