WEN

Super Contributor

does nothing for me.  and suggestions what i am doing wrong.

tia

Honored Contributor

@monks wrote:

does nothing for me.  and suggestions what i am doing wrong.

tia

I found after awhile, none of the WEN did much of anything except cost a fortune. I gave it up.

Respected Contributor

When do you use it and how do you stye your hair?

I find that it helps to hold moisture, when used as part if your leave in. It is important, though to make sure your hair is soaking wet when you out in the leave in products.

I also use just a bit at night before I put it up. It helps to get the curl to set when I twist it so that when I take it down in the a.m. I am ready to go. I then scrunchy in a little in the morning, which helps with hold and any frizz from moisture. Any time you are going to heat style, it's important because it has heat protectant. Not every product is used by all of us, but the SC is pretty popular. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Monks, I don't ever "see" what styling cream does for me, because I use it to protect my hair when I heat style.  I know it works, because before I began using WEN products, when I would heat style, my hair would get crunchy dry and the ends would break off or split.  Now that I use styling cream on my wet hair after I shower, I can use a Rusk Curl Freak or Callista Perfecter and my hair stays soft and strong, un-split and unbroken.  I will never be without WEN styling cream ever again, it and the cleansing conditioner are my desert island hair care products.

My hair is now about jawbone length, and I use four pumps of styling cream in my wet hair when I get out of the shower, then wrap my hair in a soft micro-fiber cloth to soak up the drips.  I do my skin care routine, then take my hair out of the towel, comb it out, and go to bed.  It dries overnight, and I can heat style the next morning before I go out.  I think I probably use more than Chaz suggests, but my hair is fine, and growing out a perm, so it needs extra protection, as the perm damaged it, of course. 

I'm not sure how you're using it, so I can't possibly know if you are doing anything "wrong", but even if you are using it perfectly, you won't "see" it do anything, you will only notice it's lack if you don't use it and you fry your hair heat-styling without it.

Honored Contributor

I concur with @Kjelle. It is important to use it on soaking wet hair. Even with my short hair I use 2 pumps after applying my leave-in CC. Whether I air-dry or diffuse, my curls are never frizzy. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Yes to this @CamilleP   I have used other "style" creams in the past, I air dry and nothing does what Wen SC does....until you try something else & then you know.

Soaking wet hair is how I start also, then after its dry I might put just a bit more back in as I have curly/wavy hair...Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Shanus, I thought it was just me.  I keep trying to figure out what was wrong, the only thing I could think of is the WEN I'm using (and have been for yrs) is not working any more.  Do not know why???? Usually this happens when companies sell to big corporations, WEN has Not.....

Respected Contributor

LOL @SurferWife @CamilleP @Kjelle  and I wonder how anyone can have a stockpile of SC...My Hubby uses it too, & it's the one thing we go thru the quickest I think..

I wish Chaz could come up with a set of 3 seasonal  like the current mousse set..I would be all over that..Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: styling cream

[ Edited ]

@monks - I have no idea if this will help you, but if the only SC I had ever tried had been 319 or 613, I would be really unhappy.  For some reason, these 2 SC leave my hair a bit frizzy.  On the other hand, I love the core and seasonal SCs, they're great and really tame my frizzes.  No idea why and I've never heard anybody else mention major differences based on formula.  So you might be like me and have hair that for whatever reason, does better with one type over the other.  Oh, and my hair also does better if I use more than recommended (I have wavy, porous hair).

Having said that , I would never go without the SC...I love what it does for my hair (protection, shine, less frizz).  OTHO, I've never found a use for the RTM and others love it.  :-)

If you like to buy to buy kits and can't find a use for the SC, you can always try to trade or sell through one of the Wen groups on FB.  

Super Contributor

OMG @quadmimi, a 3 set of season SC...I'd never thought of that, but would love it!  So hope Cooper sees this!