WEN

Respected Contributor

I use WEN and TWEAKED.  I just saw the presentation about the Tonic and see that is gets lots of good reviews EXCEPT for the smell.  Does this really work?  I am a minimilst with hair care.  Just wash with WEN (no leave in...too greasy for me) or TWEAKED Over the CLouds.  No styiing products.  Usually I air dry the quickly style with my Calista brush.  I have chin length thinning hair (age related!)  and just stopped dying a year ago. My hair is in good shape but does get the frizzy's from the gray.  Can the tonic be used during the day instead of at night?

Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I use WEN and TWEAKED.  I just saw the presentation about the Tonic and see that is gets lots of good reviews EXCEPT for the smell.  Does this really work?  I am a minimilst with hair care.  Just wash with WEN (no leave in...too greasy for me) or TWEAKED Over the CLouds.  No styiing products.  Usually I air dry the quickly style with my Calista brush.  I have chin length thinning hair (age related!)  and just stopped dying a year ago. My hair is in good shape but does get the frizzy's from the gray.  Can the tonic be used during the day instead of at night?

It can be used day or night.  I use it during the day and pull my hair back into a pony tail if I'm going to be doing yard work otherwise I use at night and cleanse the next morning.  People don't like the smell of the ingredients that make this product so great ---tea tree and eucalyptus oil.  The scent dissipates in a few minutes.

Respected Contributor

I use the tonic at night, but I put it in a while before bed & the scent dries out.

I actually like the scent now anyway..Great product, my hairline has lots of new baby hairs. I use it pretty much faithfully like Chaz does, I don't think you can expect as much progress if you don't use it faithfully, (like any hair product to increase hair fullness/growth)..I use a makeup wedge to apply it along my hairline so I don't have it running down my face, as Chaz suggested..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Its mainly the ROSEMARY you are smelling and Rosemary is strong however, it does wonders for the scalp, no way to get around the scent, all the good oils that work for your scalp have a stronger scent.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I apply in the morning, before starting household chores. I don't notice the smell as much when I'm focused on doing something.

I usually turn a fan on for a bit until the scent settles down, or else I go outside.

I haven't tried to sleep with WEN botanical tonic on my scalp.