WEN

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I like the scent.  To me it's peppermint/tea tree combo.  It's nice, but what I hate about it is no matter how neatly I try to spray it on it starts running down my face.  It's so messy that I give up. I wish it just came in an oil bottle.  That is a much more controlled application.

@SurferWife 

I put it on a makeup wedge sponge for around my hair line like Chaz showed,(press it in) then I put mine in a dropper bottle..I just run the dropper thru my hair & massage it in..Using the makeup wedge around the hairline stopped all the running...

I am getting great results..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

I do spray as I move along the scalp; the nozzle touches my scalp.  I only use it on my scalp at my forehead line. I don't go backwards toward my crown.  I'm really only concerned about my forehead around my bangs, so they stay nice & thick.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I like the scent.  To me it's peppermint/tea tree combo.  It's nice, but what I hate about it is no matter how neatly I try to spray it on it starts running down my face.  It's so messy that I give up. I wish it just came in an oil bottle.  That is a much more controlled application.

@SurferWife 

I put it on a makeup wedge sponge for around my hair line like Chaz showed,(press it in) then I put mine in a dropper bottle..I just run the dropper thru my hair & massage it in..Using the makeup wedge around the hairline stopped all the running...

@quadmimi 

Thanks for the wedge sponge tip. I had not heard that!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife 

@quadmimi 

Thanks for the wedge sponge tip. I had not heard that!

Oh your welcome @SurferWife  I saw Chaz show it in a tonic video somewhere...It really works great as my hair is very thin & it's the only way I could use it around the hairline..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm.....Maybe try applying the tonic while you are sitting prone in a recliner while watching TV?  Woman Wink   No, seriously, other than spraying with one hand while rubbing the tonic into the hairline with the fingers of the other hand as you move along, I think using a cotton ball or makeup sponge is your best option, given where you are using the tonic, @SurferWife .  I'd just hate to lose tonic to soaking into something like that, myself, so I am using my fingers, but even then I am sure I'm losing a little that's getting washed off my hands when I'm done applying.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

I'll try rubbing with one hand and pumping with the other.  Maybe that will keep it from running down my face.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife   Maybe a lawn recliner on the lanaii?  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor
On day two of the tonic . I like the scent and I like the invigorating feel on the scalp. I didn’t cleanse this morning just added more tonic. I didn’t have a dirty feel perhaps because I went right along my scalp with a steady application. So far so good , I can do this all Winter since I’m rarely out.
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@SurferWife   Are you putting the tip of the nozzle essentially right on your scalp and drawing it along as you push down on the button?  I still have to stop every few pumps when I am working along my hairline and use my fingers to spread the tonic back up into my scalp and off my face if a little rivulet starts to trickle down,  By the time I am moving up my part and towards my crown, the tonic seems to only run off to each side, rather than trying to move back towards my face, and of course, when I'm spraying the crown it runs down the back of my head.  I always use my fingertips to massage the tonic in a little when I'm done spraying anyway, so I figure if I have to push some tonic back where it belongs part way through, no biggie.   But it really helps to draw the nozzle along in a line, rather than just shoot it all into a puddle, I get less "runoff" that way.  HTH!

Excellent post, CamilleP.  I do exactly as you say.  I saw a few demos on this and mine never leaks.  You must spritz VERY close to the scalp and with the other hand start massaging in.  When I have my whole scalp covered I put the bottle down and massage whole head/scalp with both hands.  After that, I spritz mid length and ends and run fingers through until well soaked in.  It does not run at all. I find that it makes my hair very "spongy".  That means it's very hydrated, loaded with movement and shine, bounce.  I will NOT be without this.  It wasn't even out a year and won Customer Choice Award.  I see I'm not the only one that likes it!!!!  Oh, addenda......when I spritz back of head, I don't go up and down.  I take one hand and do a scissor part with finger across back of head, spritz, go down an inch or so and do same until back of head is covered.  This cuts down on leaking!!!

Respected Contributor

Chaz I love you for this product alone...Heart

I have missed a few nights due to not feeling well, (but not many),

my natural "receding" spot around my hairline just keeps filling in..HeartHeart