June?  Aren't those good enough sales?

Honored Contributor

Re: qvc cancelled Chaz at 2pm today :-(

@cgil wrote:

I'm confused...didn't they sell over 100 thousand gallons in 

June?  Aren't those good enough sales?

@cgil  @

Guess it depends on how greedy you are!  👿  🐽

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

i see that right now (4-5pm) BiQ is running a WEN repeat with Gina from a few days ago. i wish i knew if ordering while it's on helps Chaz's goals.

also, got the e-mail a few minutes ago that wen nov 10th show is cancelled.

Frequent Contributor

Have they ever cancelled before? 

I'm wondering what we can do.....seems like a set up for failure. He's too good a soul and has made a difference for so many. 

My  pleasure is watching Chaz. I always feel better watching him.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure that QVC has extremely sophisticated software which allows them to project sales figures for items based on past history and time of day.  Onviously the expectations for sales for a program offered at 3 AM vs 3 PM would be completely different.  If the sales projections were not being met then QVC is going to attempt to fill that spot with something else.

Contributor

He said it's hard to meet goals in the fourth quarter. He'd be surprised if Philosophy met them at that time slot too. He said to be ready to buy when he brings the tsv Nov 28th.
Honored Contributor

@Rhema wrote:
He said it's hard to meet goals in the fourth quarter. He'd be surprised if Philosophy met them at that time slot too. He said to be ready to buy when he brings the tsv Nov 28th.

Oh, I’ll be ready to buy, all right!  Winter is Winter Vanilla Mint time!!😍

I just don’t know if I’ll be buying what QVC is counting.🤔

Contributor

I've read everything here and I love WEN and Chaz and a large part of his selling products is the demo's and tips which I think we all agree on.  Now here me out and here is where I think QVC needs to step into 2017 and look at how they measure sales.  The days of live once and done broadcasts are done ... network programming understands that and has gone to ondemand, online, etc. and adjusted their ratings for programming accordingly before axing a show.  QVC seems to still be stuck in the world of live shows = sales counts and hurting more than helping not only the vendors but the consumers in the long run.  If all the sales for the WEN products were added into the 4th quarter sales at the end of the 4th quarter, my guess is sales would exceed goals.  Cancelling a show or replacing a show with something else only hurts the bottom line by alienating the people that buy and sending them to other sources than QVC which in turn does WEN and Chaz no good for quarter sales.  By also putting the shows on when the majority of the viewers don't watch (early AM hours, etc.) and not in prime time, this will hurt sales.  It hurts network shows to take them from a prime tv slot and put it up against something that has a huge draw or a slot where everyone is out for family night and no one watches or Sunday sports events where the start times are unpredictable at best.  

Sorry this is so long, but my point is times and people viewing are into 2017, networks have figured out how to keep ratings at an acceptable probability, maybe QVC needs to look at how they figure quarter sales and not only with live airtime sales and factor in all the quarter sales.