WEN

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies! My friend uses pomegrante on her daughter but notices a mild reaction lately, possible menthol? I suggested the kids but not sure which one to recommend. Are all the kid's formulas the same or is one more like the pomegrante as far as performance?

Frequent Contributor

The difference in the kids formula is that it is rice based with no menthol. Any of the three scents would be fine. I prefer the apple scent. It’s not just for kids either!

Regular Contributor

Hmm... that's a shame all the formulas are the same because she started her daughter off with the kids apple and switched to the pomegrante because it did a much better job on her hair. Thanks for letting me know. At least she doesn't need to try any others.

Esteemed Contributor

@elrager, Unlike the rest of the wheat based classics, pomegranate is soy based (like the Seasonals).
Perhaps she's reacting to that, not the menthol.

From what I've read, Wen Kids Watermelon and Green Apple seem to be more popular than the Strawberry Banana scent.

Always good help at customerservice@chazdean.com. Shoot them an email.
Honored Contributor

I occasionally have used the Kids Strawberry/Banana; loved it. Also tried the Watermelon; loved it too. But did not like the Apple for some reason. Had nothing to do with performance; I just didn't care for the Apple scent. I enjoyed using the Kids CC on the weekends as a treat. 

Since running out, I have not reordered, but they performed well enough for me.

Honored Contributor

@elragerwrote:

Hmm... that's a shame all the formulas are the same because she started her daughter off with the kids apple and switched to the pomegrante because it did a much better job on her hair. Thanks for letting me know. At least she doesn't need to try any others.

@elrager

What do you mean by ... did a better job....?

If we knew, what was not right we could help more.

I frequently use Watermelon and really enjoy it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Hi, @World Traveler!  I tried Wen Kids and actually got two Apple gallons when they first came out!  I love all three scents.  This is the most gentle formulation.  Chaz saw that this was a big hit with adults so he created Bamboo.  I tried that and WOW!  I love that.  I got the large EDP.  HOPING....Chaz makes an NBT in Bamboo.  Now wouldn't that be a hit!!!   LOL!!!  XXOO