WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: comparison of MIL to BGT and POM, please?

@Drythe wrote:

If I need moisture I love MIF (you do mean MIF don't you?) and have replaced my beloved FIG with it.

I'm a fan of BGT because it gives me volume and shine.

However, I mix it at 1/2 (something moisturizing) 613, SHP, or MIF 

And 1/2 BGT.

Enjoy!

@Drythe, wow!!! I know how much you like Fig for volume so that's saying a lot that Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) has now replaced it for moisture.

Even though MIF, and the new rice-based Fragrance Free, are now my first cleanse "go to" CCs I still really miss using my Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) for my first cleanse... but, I agree, these two provide more moisture than Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)... though the BGT scent is amazing!!! Smiley Happy

Drythe, do you find that BGT gives your hair more volume and shine than MIF? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

If I need moisture I love MIF (you do mean MIF don't you?) and have replaced my beloved FIG with it.

And 1/2 BGT.

Enjoy!

@Drythe, wow!!! I know how much you like Fig for volume so that's saying a lot that Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) has now replaced it for moisture.

Even though MIF, and the new rice-based Fragrance Free, are now my first cleanse "go to" CCs I still really miss using my Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) for my first cleanse... but, I agree, these two provide more moisture than Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)... though the BGT scent is amazing!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

Yes, I do.  I have fine, straight, straight, straight hair.  I don't think even the CHAZ Wizard could make it curl.  At most it bends a bit for a little while!  

The BGT gives me volume and bounce, my hair is naturally 'glassy' which I take to mean slippery and shiny, so I can't say about giving me shine.  But I love the volume and bounce from BGT.  I notice a little bit of drying if I use it alone for several cleanses.  

@However, BGT and MIF or SHP, mixed @ 50/50 is perfect for me.  Bounce, volume, and that lovely moisture!  I alternate using it with 613, MIF or SHP ~

BGT + SHP or 613 smells divine!  

LOVE Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

LOVE Heart

AGREE!! HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

And 1/2 BGT.

Enjoy!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

Yes, I do.  I have fine, straight, straight, straight hair.  I don't think even the CHAZ Wizard could make it curl.  At most it bends a bit for a little while!  

The BGT gives me volume and bounce, my hair is naturally 'glassy' which I take to mean slippery and shiny, so I can't say about giving me shine.  But I love the volume and bounce from BGT.  I notice a little bit of drying if I use it alone for several cleanses.  

@However, BGT and MIF or SHP, mixed @ 50/50 is perfect for me.  Bounce, volume, and that lovely moisture!  I alternate using it with 613, MIF or SHP ~

LOVE Heart

@Drythe, thank so much for sharing this info and tip. -- It was with heavy heart that I traded out my beloved Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) for Mandarin Italian Fig (FIG) for my first cleanse. Of course, I did this because MIF gives my hair more moisture... but I really miss the BGT scent. 

I have not a lot of baby fine hair, so added volume is always appreciated.. I'm a moussie moo to the max Wen girl. Smiley Wink

I'm going to use BGT for my first cleanse the next time, and see if it gives my hair added volume. If it does then I'm going to take your suggestion and try a 50/50 MIF/BGT mix going forward for my first cleanse. 

Thanks again!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy