WEN

Respected Contributor

Your opinion - Best CC for hair breakage?

Hi Wenners, hope you are having a fab day.

I do not color my hair but I do blow dry and lightly curl it each day, I've used WEN on/off for many years and always use the deep hair treatment 2-3 times a month and the oils at least 1-2 times a week. However, I do wear my hair long and for the first time ever my hair seems to be breaking off, I only get trims every 4-5 months (I have done this my entire life and I am 47, never needed it more often) but lately I am noticing breakage around the side of my face and in the back, well actually all over.

I did switch to Bella (from POM) about 3 months ago but I'm thinking it can't be from the Bella? I have somewhat fine hair, it's a lot thinner than it was when I was in my 30's, would FIG be to heavy or do you have any other suggestions on which would be best for this condition? Or, maybe I'll just go back to the POM.

Just looking for suggestions from you all  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Your opinion - Best CC for hair breakage?

I use It's a Miracle 10 lite formula leave in hair conditioner.  It leaves my hair feeling soft and seems to help to prevent breakage from blow drying and curling irons.  It is available everywhere - even my grocery store carries it.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I use It's a Miracle 10 lite formula leave in hair conditioner.  It leaves my hair feeling soft and seems to help to prevent breakage from blow drying and curling irons.  It is available everywhere - even my grocery store carries it.  Good luck!

@FastDogWalker2   OMG, I think this post may be meant to be.  I have used It's a 10 for at least 12++ year, not matter what I use as my shampoo or what not I ALWAYS follow up with this, well about Halloween time when I had my hair trimmed last I ran out of it, I ended up getting another leave in from the salon since they didn't have It's a 10 and I have been using that, it must not protect my hair like It's a 10 did. Oh, I am SO HAPPY you posted this, I need to pick up my huge bottle of it's a 10 STAT!! Like seriously today on my way home from work.  THANK YOU!!!

Still curious about CC  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

SandGirl, I don't see any reason you can't use Fig CC to add moisture as you try to get your hair back in shape.  I am curious, why don't you use WEN styling creme to provide heat protection for your hair?  I have very fine blonde hair, going grey, and since I began using WEN, I can do literally anything to it without suffering any significant breakage issues.  In the last year I've had two perms, two color jobs (one professional, one not) and used ColorOops twice to try to "fix" the home-done color, I usually air dry but sometimes use my Dyson blow dryer, and sometimes use either a Beachwaver or my "AWaveWeGo" waving iron or a flat iron, depending on what effect I want.  My hair stays soft and shiny, no matter what, but I always, always use WEN styling creme as part of my leave-in concoction.  My hair is just to my shoulders, and I use one pump of CC from a 32oz bottle and two or three pumps of styling creme, all mixed together in my palm, then worked through my hair after I've rinsed out my second cleanse.  If you haven't tried Chaz's styling creme, you can wait to order until the March TSV, and get two 32 ounce bottles of Fig CC and a double-sized bottle of Fig styling creme at what I am sure will be a very good sale price. 

If you want to promote hair growth to try to help correct breakage issues by getting faster growth, try to make it a regular thing to do scalp oil treatments, ideally with Tea Tree WEN oil.  I use WEN oils twice a week, TT on Saturday evenings and a seasonal oil mid-week, using Fall Ginger Pumpkin right now.  I put in the oil when I know I'm home for the rest of the day, and cleanse it out before going to bed, after I've done my exercise routine for the evening.  After I get out of the shower, I put in Re-Moist and wrap my hair up in a turban, and sleep on that, then rinse it out in the morning.  I'm in my early 60's, and have fought fine, thinning hair all my life, but with WEN oils, I've never had more hair on my head, or ever had it healthier, due to the regular remoists and daily CC use. 

Anyway, that's my routine, which makes a huge difference in my hair, I hope my experience is of some help for you.