WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you change Wen instructions?

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife

I even froth my dollop up with water in my palms before I put it on my hair.

Kiss, kiss to Toby!

@Drythe...great idea! I may try that tomorrow. And, of course I'll be sure to give Toby lots of kisses. He wasn't feeling good last night so we didn't get much sleep. We though we were going to have to go to the vet this morning but he is much perkier and ate his morning snack after pottying.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@x Hedge  Yeah, I think the number of pumps is probably a big part of the problem. Before I switched to Wen I used different high end shampoo brands and you didn't need much at all so I can see how people might be tempted to use less than what is listed on the label because they figure they can't possibly need that much. The people who end up with greasy hair probably didn't use as much as they were supposed to or maybe they didn't rinse it out completely.

Chaz posted some videos before where new clients came to the salon and he would ask them how many pumps they were using. There was one girl who was using way less than she was supposed to.

Obviously lots of us have had success with Wen but I guess there will always be some who find it confusing or for some reason it just doesn't work for their hair.

@HSB1204 Same here. I previously used all the high end S&C's and they all boasted on how little was needed and therefore the high price tag was justified by that. (I had to use more than the directions stated actually.) Then I try wen and read the high # of pumps and product needed - total opposite of my previous experiences. I did follow this, although I had too much CC going down the drain so I adjusted and now use slightly less than what's recommended on the bottles. I just know how much by the amout in my hand, no pump counting anymore. The key though really is adding enough water to make it frothy.

For me, I use it in the shower so I apply it to soaking wet hair, mix it through, and then very quickly throw the back of my head under the water to add the water and get it frothy. Works great! Wen honestly does have a learning curve, which is its downfall I believe, and is why some only give it 1 or 2 trys and then trash it. Its unfortunate but people are impatient and used to old school ways. However, those of us that give it a chance and really want to improve our hair like Chaz says his products will do -if used correctly- are reaping the benefits!

I don't see me ever not using wen. Its only 6 mo's for me, but the improvements already are worth the little extra cost and using it the way Chaz recommends. Wen has just become a way of life now (CC's, styling products, oils, body care) and I have seen improvements everywhere I use it - which is head to toe - and I use it all bc it works. No false promises like with everything else I have tried. Thank you Chaz!!

Honored Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

I see what you're trying to say @x Hedge. Sadly I think no matter how good the instructions are, people just don't always read full instructions. I can honestly say I'm guilty of that myself. I have to agree these boards and Chaz' QVC videos have helped me tons. 

One switch in instructions Chaz made that I thought was a great idea was instruct people to measure using numbers of golf balls instead of pumps. Unfortunately you have to watch his videos to hear that though because I don't think it's on any of the bottles. Of course, I'm pretty sure I saw a question about Wen somewhere that asked what size golf ball (????!!!!!). 

Adding enough water is also key and it could be my imagination, but I've notice newly opened bottles seem to froth more easily.

**typos galore edit!

@RipleyGirl...I'm so used to pumps that I still go by that measurement. Actually, I probably use a bit more than is needed for my length of hair, but it's better to use a bit more than not enough.

I wonder why he changed it? Maybe it's easier for some to measure in terms of size than # of pumps. After 4 years of using WEN I can eyeball it & know what is the right amount.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

One thing I noticed is that the WEN presentations on the Q seem a bit more rushed. A lot of time seems to get spent on demos of Kat and half of her hair cleansed with WEN and the other half with another product. This does demonstrate some of the positive benefits of WEN, but this demonstration seems to be repeated A LOT, and only covers certain information. 

In the meantime, how about focusing more on basic cleansing instructions for the new user or the person who is thinking of trying WEN? There seems to be a lot less of that lately because there just isn't enough time. Yes, it would be repetetive for longtime users, but I promise, I won't mind! 

When I first saw a presentation 4 years ago, a lot of time was spent explaining how to use the CC's...how many pumps for your length of hair. Explaining that it will seem like a LOT of product but that's how it NEEDS to be. How much water to add....why a second cleanse is so important, on and on. This was explained before I ordered WEN for the first time, and I may not have tried it if it were not.

Emphasizing these same things on the labels, or putting an extra insert in the shipping box is something I also feel would be helpful!

Trusted Contributor

If your hair is longer/thicker, you may need to increase the number of pumps<---- I would change these instructions to make them less vague.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I agree with the water statement. I think to get the CC real creamy & frothy you need to use more than a splash of water. I cup my hand and let water fill them up, then toss it on my head (basically a handful of water). I do it 3 times to evenly distribute and it really does get super frothy. Some of the lighter formulas even feel "sudsy" like.

@SurferWife   you are using  more water than I do...maybe I will try this, do you do the 3x on both cleanses?...

I think if you just order without watching some shows & would just read the bottle, you might not even understand adding the water..

@quadmimi...I do. I cup my hands together as if making a drinking cup, fill with water then toss on you head. I massage to spread it in between each handful. That helps you determine if maybe one or two makes it frothy enough or if you need that 3rd palm-ful. I've never used more than 3, though. Otherwise I feel like it's just rinsing it out. I would suggest start with two, massage in before adding the third, then toss in third if needed (less may be needed for lighter formulas, more for the thicker formulas). WEN is always frothy for me.

Oh thank you @SurferWife.....I will give this a try!

Honored Contributor

Excellent points @Wen_Woman!

Valued Contributor

@Wen_Woman wrote:

One thing I noticed is that the WEN presentations on the Q seem a bit more rushed. A lot of time seems to get spent on demos of Kat and half of her hair cleansed with WEN and the other half with another product. This does demonstrate some of the positive benefits of WEN, but this demonstration seems to be repeated A LOT, and only covers certain information. 

In the meantime, how about focusing more on basic cleansing instructions for the new user or the person who is thinking of trying WEN? There seems to be a lot less of that lately because there just isn't enough time. Yes, it would be repetetive for longtime users, but I promise, I won't mind! 

When I first saw a presentation 4 years ago, a lot of time was spent explaining how to use the CC's...how many pumps for your length of hair. Explaining that it will seem like a LOT of product but that's how it NEEDS to be. How much water to add....why a second cleanse is so important, on and on. This was explained before I ordered WEN for the first time, and I may not have tried it if it were not.

Emphasizing these same things on the labels, or putting an extra insert in the shipping box is something I also feel would be helpful!

Just adding to my thoughts above....a lot of time in the presentations on the Q gets spent rushing from Wen model to Wen model, talking about her particular hair and her particular Wen experience. Ok. GREAT! But maybe a bit less time on this and more time, again, on the basics, would be more helpful. It seems like I know exactly which CC all the models like to use and how often they cleanse...again, GREAT. But perhaps newer people would benefit by knowing how much water to add, how to massage the scalp, how well to rinse, even thought that might seem boring compared to beautiful models hair.