WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Would you change Wen instructions?

I love Wen.

I know there's nothing wrong with Wen products.

But I read some interesting misunderstandings of basic instructions both in the forums, and in unhappy Wen reviews. 

I DO think the written instructions could be improved.

"For best results..." is placed more than halfway through, rather than at the start. I suspect many don't read that far.

And it means if you want "best results", DON'T do what you just read in the first half of the instructions. 

That's really confusing. 

I also think there's not enough emphasis on the interaction of Wen and water. Although a user can essentially follow the directions, using too little Wen OR too little water will give bad results.

I suspect that "add a splash of water" is taken too literally by some.

Is there anything you found confusing as a new Wen user? Were the printed instructions clear to you?

What would you change in the Wen user instructions? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you change Wen instructions?

I don't know, the infomercial is readily available as are videos on the Wen you tube channel and on QVC website. Except for gifts, I how many new users havent seen any type of demo video with instructions on how to use the product? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I agree with the water statement. I think to get the CC real creamy & frothy you need to use more than a splash of water. I cup my hand and let water fill them up, then toss it on my head (basically a handful of water). I do it 3 times to evenly distribute and it really does get super frothy. Some of the lighter formulas even feel "sudsy" like.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I don't think I really paid a whole lot of attention to the label when I started using Wen. I had already been watching the instructional videos on YouTube so it seemed pretty straightforward to me. If people haven't watched any of the videos maybe they do need more instructions if all they're doing is reading the label.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I agree with the water statement. I think to get the CC real creamy & frothy you need to use more than a splash of water. I cup my hand and let water fill them up, then toss it on my head (basically a handful of water). I do it 3 times to evenly distribute and it really does get super frothy. Some of the lighter formulas even feel "sudsy" like.

@SurferWife   you are using  more water than I do...maybe I will try this, do you do the 3x on both cleanses?...

I think if you just order without watching some shows & would just read the bottle, you might not even understand adding the water..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife   you are using  more water than I do...maybe I will try this, do you do the 3x on both cleanses?...

I think if you just order without watching some shows & would just read the bottle, you might not even understand adding the water..

@quadmimi...I do. I cup my hands together as if making a drinking cup, fill with water then toss on you head. I massage to spread it in between each handful. That helps you determine if maybe one or two makes it frothy enough or if you need that 3rd palm-ful. I've never used more than 3, though. Otherwise I feel like it's just rinsing it out. I would suggest start with two, massage in before adding the third, then toss in third if needed (less may be needed for lighter formulas, more for the thicker formulas). WEN is always frothy for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I started this thread for a few reasons. First, I read a post today from a Wen user who threw out all her Wen. It made me sad. She mentioned issues with the instructions.

Second,  I took Wen to a friend, (a smart, capable and savvy lady) who doesn't watch those demos or videos. I sat and explained the How-to, and gave her a Wen brochure & DVD.

After she had disastrous results she insisted she followed the instructions on the bottle "exactly". 

I wondered how typical is that? 

Third is that lousy lawsuit.

Who knows how many participating in that claim they followed the instructions "exactly"?

By asking here, there is potential for feedback from Wenners new and old, using all types of water.

And the Wen forum people are always generous with ideas to make Wenning a positive experience for the next person.

Haven't you ever stood there reading and re-reading those instructions? 

Respected Contributor

I may be in the minority but I don't know what Chaz could possibly add to the bottle that would make it easier for people to use the product correctly. There's already half a novel on the back of the bottle which is way more details than you'd get if you bought any other cleansing conditioner. I've tried other cleansing conditioners and some of them don't even tell you how much to use. They'll just say something generic like "apply a generous amount". If Chaz put something like that on his bottles I could understand how people had bad results.

As for the lawsuit, I don't think that has anything to do with not following instructions. I think if people are allergic to an ingredient in Wen they could have side effects from that and they should have just stopped using it - just like the common sense warning on the bottle says to.

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't know, the infomercial is readily available as are videos on the Wen you tube channel and on QVC website. Except for gifts, I how many new users havent seen any type of demo video with instructions on how to use the product? 

@ I know. It seems so simple to me too @jaxs mom.

Except people already know how to wash their hair.

So they maybe aren't too keen on watching a video about (yawn) how to wash their hair. More likely it's just "Gimme the bottle already. How hard can this be"?

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Yes @SurferWife, I use a lot of water too. The Wen needs the water and the water needs the Wen.