WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: World Traveler: Thinning Hair?

@Lala Ann   over time I found I was more sensitive to a few of the WEN formulas, and when I used those few I experienced scalp irritation, itching, and temporarily increased hair loss, which stopped as soon as I re-washed with another WEN formula. 

In addition to that, my meds have now made me much more sensitive to certain common ingredients, so I just make adjustments as sensitivities develop.

There have been several discussions here about the many other uses of WEN products. I have formulas I like to use for foot soaks and making face & body scrubs.  

Hope you can find a way to enjoy your WEN.

I love WEN and wouldn't use anything else.

Contributor

Hi ladies - World Traveler TT is wonderful for hair.  I use it as my first and sometimes both and my white/silver curls love it.  Long story I'll keep short but I did an oh my did I just do that at a salon and the colorist almost left me with destroyed hair down to my scalp trying to treat myself to a 2" ombre at the bottom.  She said it wouldn't look right if she didn't bleach my whole head ... her "boss" said bleach ... she thought another method would work but went with her boss who had never seen or touched my hair.  Needless to say the sores and breakage left me in tears.  I did TT, 613, and fig religiously with lavender oil and remoist.  I put in an SOS call to Chaz's # and they said what I was doing was right and have patience.  They were right.  Today I have my full head of hair back and then some ... with a little thinning at the front creeping in.  I oil now with the lilac or lavender.  I have a kittie 4 paw so TT overnight isn't an option.  If I am out in the yard, I will use the TT oil to keep the bugies out and put it in the hair to soak in but if there is something other than lilac or lavender that works better, I'd swap it out.  Thoughts ladies?

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome @Texana when I was in my early 40's I became ill and was eventually diagnosed with an autoimmune illness. I never was a hair product fanatic but I started losing my hair from the illness and from the various Meds the doctors wanted me to try and I was desperate. This was around the same time Chaz came to the Q. For two years I sat and listened to every show and finally ordered the tea tree oil. I'll never forget the first time I used it lol my nose was certainly not accustomed to that scent. In the beginning I only used it once a month or so until I LISTENED to the Master and started doing biweekly oil treatments. It wasn't too long after and like @worldtraveler I had young hair growing near my hairline and around the sides of my face. That was so exciting because it was proof that it was really working. I went on by myself until I heard ChaZ say something about the forum. I scouted out the forum and I turned into a total Wen maniac. Mixing formulas became routine . I have plenty of stock in all my beloved formulas because I can't bare ever being without them. I've met many wonderful folks here who were instrumental in aiding me. We get a few trolls now and then but I've been around here too long to put up with them nad mouthing Chaz and wen. I'm glad you found our little forum and don't be afraid to ask anything. By the way besides the TT oil I always use TT cleanser on my scalp for
The first cleanse
Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I love searching and reading old WEN threads.

Here are some old threads about WEN oils.

No need to bump up old threads.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/WEN-TEA-TREE-OIL/m-p/4701183#M644083

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/Wen-I-love-the-Wen-Treatment-Oils/m-p/2324537#M16934

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/Benefits-of-Oils/m-p/281196#M3548

@x Hedge oops I bumped up about 5 hours ago LOL  Now she and others have lots to read 😁

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@World Traveler

I would think the uneven bristles aid in "grabbing" the hair for styling purposes. I'd like to hear what others have to say too.

I'll Google this and see what comes up...

@rochelleS@ @World Traveler @BirkiLady Chaz designed the round brushes using boatr and nylon bristles so that it evenly grabs your hair when blow drying.  If you watch a video on the brushes, he compares different type brushes and demonstrates how they pick up your hair.

I don't use the brushes because I air dry, but I love to brush it before I jump in the shower to cleanse.😀

@World Traveler  @rochelleS   Don't watch or use Chaz products. This is interesting how he makes and uses his brushes.

I don't use my 100% boar bristle brushes to style my hair. It's naturally curly; I simply towel dry and squeeze the curls into place. Then let it air dry thoroughly. A quick brush to make sure all curls are in place and I'm ready to go. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh @BirkiLady your hair sounds just lovey! I've been poker straight my whole life. Such teenage angst I had trying to get and keep a curl. Now that I'm much older and with Wen, I actually have some waves. A couple spit curls to that have me grinning ear to ear. Ah, life. It's grand, isn't it. 

I do not have a boar brush. I air dry too. Do I need one? @WorldTraveler what do you think?

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler   I am glad I found this "OLD" Post and I am sorry to dig it back up.

But, I am in need of following this advise you shared from Chaz. I need to get in there on my scalp more it seems and I need to pick up Tea Tree CC, I do have and use the TT oil and use it on my scalp 3 times a week but I am thinking I may need to follow a whole regimine.

So, can you help me out?  

TT oil on scalp at night b4 cleansing (I cleanse 4-5 days a week... I just have to with my styled/sprayed long hair and working out)

Then ALWAYS use TT CC for my first cleanse then Lavendar for 2nd mixed with a little 613, is that what he suggested?

Leave it products? How else to get volume/lift w/out weighing hair down or losing more hair.  Just FYI, I am not bald LOL, just crawling up on 50 and notice forehead line is getting thinner and right at my crown, just had FULL UP blood work last week, I have PERFECT numbers and very healthy so I know all that is good.

I appreciate any input you can help me with  Smiley Happy