WEN

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

If this smells like Spruce or Balsam, or like a Christmas Tree, I think I would be much less interested.  Too bad Chaz doesn't do samples he can ship out with previous seasonal purchases so we can test out the upcoming scents!

@sueinsf Can you imagine what that would cost him if he did that for every new scent? The price of his products would go sky high! Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

If this smells like Spruce or Balsam, or like a Christmas Tree, I think I would be much less interested.  Too bad Chaz doesn't do samples he can ship out with previous seasonal purchases so we can test out the upcoming scents!

@sueinsf Can you imagine what that would cost him if he did that for every new scent? The price of his products would go sky high! Heart

@I suppose so @World Traveler.  But it's a nice thought :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf,

I don't need a sample, but

I surely would appreciate a "scratch n' sniff" card when new WEN products are going to be launched.

I no longer consider buying every new WEN item just to see what it smells like.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge- A scratch n sniff card would be a great idea - and cheaper (I would think) than actual samples. 

Contributor

I think that the "old hippie"  in me likes the sandalwood. I just received White Pumpkin and think it's to die for! So I may give WWF a try. What I don't really understand, not being a cold-weather person at all -- is why any kind of cooling ingredient is in the winter fragrances. I like them better in summer.

Occasional Contributor

Hello all.  I ordered the new Winter White Forest cleansing conditioner from Chaz’s website and received it yesterday. I very much like this scent and the performance is consistent with all of his seasonal formulas.  It truly does somehow evoke the feeling of walking through a forest on a cold, snowy winter’s day.  We all know that scent can be perceived very differently from one person to the next, so I will attempt to describe my experience.  It is somewhat reminiscent of Aveda’s Rosemary Mint products but much, much more vivid. At first, I pick up on the refreshing spearmint oil which leaves a cooling sensation on my scalp. It then a quickly transitions to the intense scent of rosemary that effectively covers the forest scent.  I didn’t get the sandalwood until much later when my hair was dry and not sure I smell vanilla at any point.   If you picked up the amber/sandalwood finish in the new Fall Fresh Apple, then know that this has similar lasting note to my nose - the only difference is that it tends to make better sense and blends more perfectly in this new, winter scent.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Winter White Forest

[ Edited ]

@riley1,

Oh yes! Much cheaper to produce, and easy enough for QVC to include when packing WEN (or other Beauty) for shipping. Chaz's people could include one in his shipments too.

I requested this a couple of years ago, but timing wasn't great due to a distracting lawsuit and all that Guthy-Renker noise.

😏 Maybe it time to repeat my "scratch n' sniff" request.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your focused description of how you experience WWF, @Joe G.

Much appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Winter White Forest

[ Edited ]

@Texana wrote:

I think that the "old hippie"  in me likes the sandalwood. I just received White Pumpkin and think it's to die for! So I may give WWF a try. What I don't really understand, not being a cold-weather person at all -- is why any kind of cooling ingredient is in the winter fragrances. I like them better in summer.

@Texana, in short, I think FVWP is one of the best smells on the planet!

...and I almost missed it because those who's ordered early posted product reviews that mostly ran like,

"P. U. stinky sandlewood !"  (lol, really!)

My prior experience with sandalwood was cheap stuff from my teen years (gag!) and after a few more positive FVWP reviews I decided to take a chance on it. Love it all!

Another poster, nikki48, used to write about layering it and walking about in her cloud of FVWP.

Like you, I don't care for a cool scent in winter.

I could never get warm when using WVM in winter.

Im really leaning toward trying the WWF. I think the sandalwood & vanilla bean will warm it a bit.

@Joe G, no amber listed in  WWF.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Texana wrote:

@Texana, in short, I think FVWP is one of the best smells on the planet!

...and I almost missed it because those who's ordered early posted product reviews that mostly ran like,

"P. U. stinky sandlewood !"  (lol, really!)

My prior experience with sandalwood was cheap stuff from my teen years (gag!) and after a few more positive FVWP reviews I decided to take a chance on it. Love it all!

@x Hedge I've never tried the FVWP also because of the many comments on the sandalwood.  Still not sure whether I will like this scent and I've not been ready to buy a full bottle to try it, although I suppose I should or I'll never know whether I'd love it, as you do.  The FFA is ok to me but the amber in that one makes it much less "fresh apple" to me.  I'm also having concerns about the description of WWF - I would like the mint and the vanilla but probably not the rosemary or pine/balsam if those are note in there.  Still time to decide on that.