WEN

Respected Contributor

The long awaited TSV finally arrived! I only opened WRC, i like the scent in bottle. To me they all smell different in shower. I can tell it will be super creamy & rich, everyones description seems correct, tart/rose/a green winter scent..Cant wait to use it..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was going to wait for my auto-delivery of the September TSV to try the WRC but I haven't even opened the oil and re-moist yet so I decided to skip the December shipment and ordered the 16 oz. WRC CC on its own instead.

I immediately opened the bottle when I received the package and the first thing I smelled was pine tree. I asked my husband to sniff it and he said the same thing. There's a very faint scent of berry but I don't smell any rose at all. I cleansed with it today and I still mostly smelled pine tree. On occasions I would get a whiff of lemon but to me the pine tree scent is definitely dominating. My hair always needs a lot of moisture and I did get that. The scent does linger in my hair but it isn't super strong.

It's definitely a very green scent. I'm not loving the scent but I don't hate it either.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

I was going to wait for my auto-delivery of the September TSV to try the WRC but I haven't even opened the oil and re-moist yet so I decided to skip the December shipment and ordered the 16 oz. WRC CC on its own instead.

I immediately opened the bottle when I received the package and the first thing I smelled was pine tree. I asked my husband to sniff it and he said the same thing. There's a very faint scent of berry but I don't smell any rose at all. I cleansed with it today and I still mostly smelled pine tree. On occasions I would get a whiff of lemon but to me the pine tree scent is definitely dominating. My hair always needs a lot of moisture and I did get that. The scent does linger in my hair but it isn't super strong.

It's definitely a very green scent. I'm not loving the scent but I don't hate it either.

@HSB1204 Aww that's too bad. Scent is so particular to us. ISince using the oil this week I wanted to say that the thickness of the oil means I have to use it really sparingly. It would be great fir an overnight. However the amount I can get away with as a regular nightly amount vs. TT is much less. My hair was kind of a limp grease slick today. Going to cleanse it out now. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I don't know exactly what it reminds me of.  Like berries, but not like you think of a strawberry, or a blueberry, just different.  Warmer, fuller, richer.

With a green touch, maybe fern, or moss, and lightly there is a bottom note like roses, not slap you in the face roses, just a touch.

I like it.  Will be using in the AM.  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HSB1204 Aww that's too bad. Scent is so particular to us. ISince using the oil this week I wanted to say that the thickness of the oil means I have to use it really sparingly. It would be great fir an overnight. However the amount I can get away with as a regular nightly amount vs. TT is much less. My hair was kind of a limp grease slick today. Going to cleanse it out now. 

@Kjelle  Well, it could have been worse. It could have smelled like FAS. Cat LOL

That is interesting that the oil is so much thicker. I wonder why that is. At least the oil will last you a lot longer if you need to use less. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Winter Red Currant

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle  Well, it could have been worse. It could have smelled like FAS. Cat LOL

That is interesting that the oil is so much thicker. I wonder why that is. At least the oil will last you a lot longer if you need to use less. Cat Wink

@HSB1204Come on now...you're killin' me pickin' on poor FAS!🤣🙈🙉

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HSB1204Come on now...you're killin' me pickin' on poor FAS!🤣🙈🙉

Sorry @AmericanBulldogMom! I couldn't help it! Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

Well i really like WRC.. I still cant really figure the scent out, green pine, fresh scent..

Super rich an full of moisture as all the newer seasonals seem to be..

I really love VWP, so that would be hard to beat..

Oh I forgot how much I love the lime CC, i may get alot of that next summer..Smiley Happy

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

Finally got my 32 oz. CC WRC yesterday and I'm happy to say that I love it and am not in the least disappointed!  The scent is, I think, much softer than the WCM, and I find it intoxicating.  I used it as a 2nd cleanse this morning, with PJP and Fig for my 1st,  and my curls came out soft and full.   I'm going to give it a 5 star review and want to buy the other products in this scent as well.  I'll even buy the RTM.   I hope Chaz offers us some good deals tomorrow with this scent, and I hope those of you who buy it are as happy with it as I am.

IMHO, Chaz has another winner.

Regular Contributor

I got my RTM duo yesterday in the WRC.  Initially it smells fine....like a berry scent but it gets medicinal after that.  It actually reminds me of bug spray.  It will be going back.  I'll just bathe in my WVM like I always do.  Our noses are different but this one just wasn't for me at all.  Oh well. 

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I don't know exactly what it reminds me of.  Like berries, but not like you think of a strawberry, or a blueberry, just different.  Warmer, fuller, richer.

With a green touch, maybe fern, or moss, and lightly there is a bottom note like roses, not slap you in the face roses, just a touch.

I like it.  Will be using in the AM.  Smiley Happy

I agree with you @Drythe .  I opened it since I really wanted to try it.  I like many of the fruit scented seasonals but this new winter seasonal definitely has some type of green scent to it.  I like it but not as much as WCM.  I just used it once and will use it again after I finish my already  opened WCM 16 oz. cc.