WEN

Honored Contributor

Ladies!  I'm getting a perm today.  I haven't had one since 1995, but I got a wild hair a few weeks ago & told my hairdresser I want a perm.  Of course she asked, "why?" & I told her I want even curl all over my head.  Some of my curls aren't as defined as others & I want evenness throughout.  So...I'm leaving in about 1/2 hour to go get one.  This should be so much FUN!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Hope you love it!

It's always fun to get a new 'do'!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Please check back. I'd like to hear about the results of your perm. I understand perms have improved. I bike and walk in weather. Hair looks great until I get active. My cut looks great with waves. Good luck!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  Hope you love it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hope you LOVE IT!!!!!  XO

I had a perm a loooong time ago.  I liked it when it tamed down. 

I like my hair swingy, kind of straight.

You sound excited.

Let us know how it went!!

Honored Contributor

I'm back home!  I think I'm going to love it!  I say I think because I have to wait that dreaded 48 hours before I can wash or even wet it.  It did lighten my color, which my hairdresser said it would, but my color appt. is in 2 weeks, so it will be back to my glorious, vibrant red shortly.  I'll post a picture in a few days after I've had a chance to wash & plop (curly-girl method drying).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm back home!  I think I'm going to love it!  I say I think because I have to wait that dreaded 48 hours before I can wash or even wet it.  It did lighten my color, which my hairdresser said it would, but my color appt. is in 2 weeks, so it will be back to my glorious, vibrant red shortly.  I'll post a picture in a few days after I've had a chance to wash & plop (curly-girl method drying).

@SurferWife 

Oh yes a pic please!  I can't imagine your curls better than they are tho..Smiley Happy  

I always have to come home & use my Wen after they use shampoo to rinse my color out...  lol...(but a perm has different

rules for sureSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife 

Oh yes a pic please!  I can't imagine your curls better than they are tho..Smiley Happy  

I always have to come home & use my Wen after they use shampoo to rinse my color out...  lol...(but a perm has different

@quadmimi 

Yes, it does.  I did wash my hair this morning prior to the perm.  My hairdresser said I could.  She obviously didn't cleanse my hair but did rinse during the process. My hair is really soft right now, so I'm glad I got to use my WEN first.  I can't wash until Wednesday, so I may wash Wednesday night, then do an overnight remoist.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife 

@quadmimi 

Yes, it does.  I did wash my hair this morning prior to the perm.  My hairdresser said I could.  She obviously didn't cleanse my hair but did rinse during the process. My hair is really soft right now, so I'm glad I got to use my WEN first.  I can't wash until Wednesday, so I may wash Wednesday night, then do an overnight remoist.

WOW!  Can't wait to see your picture of the new perm!!!!  I found the Bella Remoist is the best and the most intense.  I love seeing all different textures and colors and styles!!!!

Honored Contributor

That was the longest 48-hour wait before washing my hair!  It was actually more like 53 hours, but I washed it & am now doing an overnight remoist.  I can tell I've some some bad-ass curls but it will be tomorrow before I really see what it's going to look like.  Can't wait!!