WEN

Super Contributor

Why so many emails????

[ Edited ]

Well, I finally did it...I limited my Q email preferences to just Wen show times.  I can't handle getting 5-10 email messages from Q a day. 

I liked getting notices about promotions like upcoming TSVs - and of all the different email preferences, "promotions" and upcoming shows were the only two I had selected.  I can't imagine how many emails customers who selected even more choices receive! 

Anyway, it's not worth it.  When it used to be one email a day, I thought it was overkill, but, well, what can you do.  Has anybody else noticed the significant increase in Q email, often the same email repeated multiple times in a day? 

Unlike many retaliers, they don't have a "send me less" option.  If it doesn't stop, I'll just unsubscribe completely.  Such a shame since I sometimes saw something I wanted or got a heads up on a visit by a vendor I buy from, but their loss.  If they didn't carry WEN, I'd just sign off completely at this point. 

Honestly, I feel like they feel I'm stupid.

Anybody else frustrated with how email pushy Q has become? 

Esteemed Contributor

by my choice, i don't receive any emails from QVC

However, I'm a customer at Chaz's site and  receive emails from them showing featured items and dates of his appearances on QVC.

There have been a number of threads posted in customer care and suggestions from posters who've been inundated by QVC emails.

Respected Contributor

I only get 1 or 2 perday from QVC, and I have several options for notifications listed for them.  My inbox gets more littered with other solicitations, many I've never even heard of.  Much of my time is spent hitting the delete key on those.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Just last week I unsubscribed from all QVC emails (as well as a number of other retailers'). I check in most days to see what the deals are, I don't need the multiple emails about the same things all day long.

Valued Contributor

I agree @posterchild -- it's out of control.  Multiple emails a day (totally redundant) plus facebook messaging, plus text messaging.  Add to that emails from other retailers, managing my in box becomes the biggest chore of the day.  God help me if i miss a couple of days!!

Not only that, shopping at any store you practically have to fill out an application at the checkout counter "...what's your name, what's your address, what's your phone #, what's your email..."  Woe to the poor kid behind the register when I sternly say "I just want to pay cash for this $5 item, I don't want to share my life history!"

I'm opting out of almost all notifications.  If only there was a way to get Amazon's Alexa to manage my email!!  Delete, delete, delete.....

Super Contributor
Wow, you’re lucky. I wonder why I get so many when I only had 2 things selected? White Hiuse Black Market is another.retailer who went to multiple emails a day. Not as many as Q - never more than 5. - bit too many for me.
Super Contributor
@x Hedge - great idea. I sometimes get email
From Chaz’s salon, but it’s kond of hot and miss (the irony). Maybe I’ll sign up again and fully unsubscribe from q. I appreciate the suggestion!
Respected Contributor

I kind of know what you mean.  I get tons of them too.  I only wanted Wen updates and Wen information but I must get 20 or more a day.  Yeah, it's a pain in the butt!  LOL!  I haven't unsubscribed, too busy right now but I have to see what the choices are.  I don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face!  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I agree @posterchild -- it's out of control.  Multiple emails a day (totally redundant) plus facebook messaging, plus text messaging.  Add to that emails from other retailers, managing my in box becomes the biggest chore of the day.  God help me if i miss a couple of days!!

Not only that, shopping at any store you practically have to fill out an application at the checkout counter "...what's your name, what's your address, what's your phone #, what's your email..."  Woe to the poor kid behind the register when I sternly say "I just want to pay cash for this $5 item, I don't want to share my life history!"

I'm opting out of almost all notifications.  If only there was a way to get Amazon's Alexa to manage my email!!  Delete, delete, delete.....

OH!  If ANYONE asks me personal questions, I flip out and just say I'm not telling you a thing, now, either you take my payment or I get the boss.  They just stare at me in amazement and just say oh, okay.  LOL!  I don't give ANY information.  I don't like when they ask for that card too when you're at the supermarket.  I just say SHUT UP!!!  SCAN!!!!  If my hair's a bit curly that day, no pun intended!  Seriously, I flip out on them.

Respected Contributor

This to me, is a pet peeve and they ask you your life's history for demographics.  I won't give anything.  Let them wonder.......  hehe!!