WEN

Respected Contributor

@77yangya Why would you "flip out" on some poor cashier just doing their job? And you actually tell them to "SHUT UP"?!?!?!?!!

What card do they ask for at the supermarket---your discount/rewards card? If that's it, why in the world would you mind if they ask for it?

These people are just doing what they are told to do...no need to be so rude. A firm "I'd rather not share that info" works just as well.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@77yangya Why would you "flip out" on some poor cashier just doing their job? And you actually tell them to "SHUT UP"?!?!?!?!!

What card do they ask for at the supermarket---your discount/rewards card? If that's it, why in the world would you mind if they ask for it?

These people are just doing what they are told to do...no need to be so rude. A firm "I'd rather not share that info" works just as well.

I tell them to SHUT UP because they WILL NOT take NO for an answer.  They say, let me have your card, I say, I don't have it, well, put in your phone number, well, I'd rather not, well, it won't hurt nothing, go ahead and do it.  Now, I WAS nice at first but if you keep badgering me over and over when I gave a firm no, well, that's how I feel and if anyone thinks it's rude, whatever.

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@vermint wrote:

I tell them to SHUT UP because they WILL NOT take NO for an answer.  They say, let me have your card, I say, I don't have it, well, put in your phone number, well, I'd rather not, well, it won't hurt nothing, go ahead and do it.  Now, I WAS nice at first but if you keep badgering me over and over when I gave a firm no, well, that's how I feel and if anyone thinks it's rude, whatever.

Well, okay then, you didn't say that in your 1st post (bolded parts). It sounded like you just went off on them if they asked once! I've never had anyone "badger" me, once I said I didn't want to do whatever...guess I've just been lucky.

Valued Contributor

I'm right there with you @77yangya -- It's become such an annoyance to me.  I used to give out fake phone # and email, but now I get angry, and just say no.  I wish more people would "just say no!"

Honored Contributor

Re: Why so many emails????

[ Edited ]

I agree with the excess emails—from all retailers.  And this holiday season has gotten really exteme!  I try to limit my online purchases to a few trusted places, partly to avoid this, but even those have gotten crazy lately.

I also agree about not liking to to give out personal information at a store checkout.  I have a couple of discount cards, and that’s a different story—I signed up for those.  But some of the other places that want my phone number even when I’m paying cash!  And trying to make a purchase at Sephora without giving them my full personal history is almost impossible.   Those girls just don’t understand that I’m not interested in all their rewards/bonus gifts or whatever.  Part of the reason I buy in a store instead of online is to avoid giving out all my personal information yet another time. With all the cyber crime going on, I don’t want to give my birthdate just to buy a pair of socks!