WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Who Uses Wen Kids?

[ Edited ]

If using on kids, is it the same cleanse, rinse, repeat as for an adult? And does the amount of pumps used go along with hair length/thiness of a kids hair?

Was thinking of ordering for my grands if its easy enough for my DD to use. She has a 6 y/o and almost 3 y/o twins and is a single mom with a full time job. 

Thanks for your help - Riley1

Honored Contributor
I order it for my 5 and 7 year old grandkids (boys). Their hair is short so one cleanse works fine. Love the apple cc!
Respected Contributor

I DO!  When Chaz first offered Wen Kids, I got two gallons of the Apple. I love all three formulas.  It's SO gentle, NO tears!  Yes, I would use it on kids the same way as adults use theirs.  The only thing I don't use is Wen Pets.  We have a cat and there's only one percent tea tree oil so I use Sweet Almond Mint when I want to clean her up.  I did use the Pets on her once not knowing and it smelled great, her fur was gleaming.  It looks great from the Almond Mint too.  Oh, but that's not why I'm posting, duh,...I would highly recommend Wen Kids for children!

Honored Contributor

I love the Strawberry-Banana and the Watermelon. Although they are not treatment based like the seasonals, I enjoy using them on the weekend as a special treat because of the scents. Both of these remind me of times in my childhood; they evoke memories of a carefree life (although I didn't think so at the time!).

I tried the Apple, but prefer the other two. 

Regular Contributor
I think the first cleanse is mostly to get products out of hair, so for kids (especially with fine hair) you could get away with one cleanse.
Super Contributor

I hate to take away from the newest pic of Toby, but I've been using WenKids on my daughter to close to 3 years now.

I generally wash her hair once a week and usually two cleanses. I wash her hair in the bath and let her soak in the Wen bath water and then give her hair a good rinse when we're done. I have a gallon so I

We've managed just one cleanse but she ends up with some pretty strange stuff in her hair (she's 7), so two is generally better.

Plus I do the leave in and sometimes put in some SC and/or glossing serum. She has fine hair but it's wavy and gets dry pretty easily. Her hair is past her shoulders now but of course looks shorter because of the curls.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for your responses.