WEN

Respected Contributor

Which formulas do not contain menthol?

I would like to try some formulas w/out the menthol, does anyone know which formulas do not contain this?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which formulas do not contain menthol?

I believe the WEN Kids formulas do not have menthol.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I  suggest you call WEN customer service.

Always helpful.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

hi @SandGirl ,

i made a quick search on Chaz's website.

The three WEN Kids formulas, plus WEN Men, and the Fragrance Free choice in the rice group.

Honored Contributor

No wonder my husband complains his forehead skin burns when he uses WEN. I thought it was just the tea tree and lavender that had the menthol, I didn't realize just about all the CC formulas have menthol. It doesn't bother me, thank goodness, I don't know what I'd do without my WEN CC.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99  

What is menthol?

Menthol is a clear or white organic compound that is derived from peppermint oil. It creates a cooling effect by penetrating the skin and stimulating the skin's nerve endings.

Hair Growth

Mentholated products increase blood flow to the skin. Increasing blood flow to the scalp skin encourages healthier hair growth.

Scalp Conditioning

Menthol is used in hair products to alleviate common scalp problems like itching, dryness, and tightness associated with scalp conditions like psoriasis.

Hair Oil Regulation

Menthol is often included in hair preparations to help reduce scalp oiliness from excess sebum production. Sebum is the oil that is naturally produced by the skin.

Warning

While most people experience few side effects from using mentholated hair products, severe allergic reactions can occur. If you notice scalp irritation after using a hair shampoo, ointment, or lotion containing menthol, see a physician immediately.

(C&P from Leaf.tv)

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

No wonder my husband complains his forehead skin burns when he uses WEN. I thought it was just the tea tree and lavender that had the menthol, I didn't realize just about all the CC formulas have menthol. It doesn't bother me, thank goodness, I don't know what I'd do without my WEN CC.

@blackhole99  It could be this ingredient - SO many people react to this and some know right away and others its a milk reaction - it's a banned ingredient in many countries like Germany & Canada

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703935/METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE/?fbclid=IwAR1ER-8q-0tREn_C17OxN...

Contributor

@x Hedge
Wen Men and Fragrance Free CCs do have menthol.

Wen Kids and Spirit CCs do not have menthol.

@SandGirl
As always, contact the customer service at Chaz Dean is very helpful.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I believe the WEN Kids formulas do not have menthol.

Yes, I believe this too.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Hi blackhole99!  You're funny!  Yes, some people can't tolerate menthol but I remember distinctly, years ago, Chaz said it's kind of important to cleansing however, I don't think it's well, for lack of a better word, detrimental.  I noticed that the menthol gives me that "cold" feeling since I cleanse my body with it too.  I can tolerate it just like you though!  I feel just like you, I would be so lost without my WEN CC!!!!