WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Which classic scent is best for men?

Thanks everyone! I ordered the POM in the recent TSV - because that's one of my favorites. Then I saw I already had a POM on AD, the seasonal/classic set. I tried to change it to Tea Tree, but it was already released. Oh, well - it's not that I don't have anything else in my "collection" upstairs to send him! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Yes!  Wen Men is great for men.  It's a scent, to me, that can go either way.  Using the cleansing conditioner, it doesn't really linger in the hair too much.  My husband uses it and he does NOT want any scent to linger.  I adore the scent, it just bakes my potato. LOL!  OP had a good idea too, the Bamboo is nice but I think it may linger.  It's a great scent for any gender though.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @beach-mom.

Since you say your son is "school age" I thought he might experience that combination of oily scalp with drier hair that is common to school age people.

That would be best treated by classic Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner. It's the lightest, most astringent and clarifying formula. Cleans oily scalp (and face) without over-drying. This formula is also favored for washing hair after using swimming pool.

Going by reviews of various Cucumber Aloe products it seems males are more inclined to like this fragrance. 

Females are often critical of the scent, but follow up with another formula for 2nd cleanse. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @beach-mom.

Since you say your son is "school age" I thought he might experience that combination of oily scalp with drier hair that is common to school age people.

That would be best treated by classic Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner. It's the lightest, most astringent and clarifying formula. Cleans oily scalp (and face) without over-drying. This formula is also favored for washing hair after using swimming pool.

Going by reviews of various Cucumber Aloe products it seems males are more inclined to like this fragrance. 

Females are often critical of the scent, but follow up with another formula for 2nd cleanse. 

Thanks @x Hedge! This is about the only one we haven't tried. I've never tried it because my scalp is far from oily, but it might suit him. He's in college, and he does work out so that might affect how his hair looks. I know he cleanses every day - one pump on the 32 oz. size.  I have the classic set of travel size ones. I'll send CA to him and see how he likes it! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

My teenage son uses Wen and he is not a huge fan of the classic scents. He really can't stand the smell of POM or FIG and refuses to touch either. He doesn't complain about SAM and occasionally uses TT. He likes MIF, Wen Men, and FTP the most all the CC's. He also likes to use SMC. You may want to stick TT since that is what Jack uses.