WEN

Regular Contributor

Which WEN has the MOST protein? Which has the least? +++

My hiar loves protein heavy products (I have heavy highlighted hair). I do better with some WEN CCs vs others and I would like to figure out where they each stand in terms of the heaviest in protein, to the lightest. I hear Chaz speak a lot about how Fig is the richest in moisture and emollients, and how cucumber is the most clarifying/least moisturizing (interestingly, my hair loves the Cucumber and Six Thirteen the best, and Fig the least).

I wish Chaz would have some type of numbering system for the various CCs! Something along the lines of:

HP for High Protein, MP for medium protein, LP for low protein.

HM for highly Moisturizing,  MM for med moisture, LM for low moisturizing (ie clarifying)

HO of high in oils, MO medium oils, LM low in oils (say for those with oily hair)

Then, I could easily find the formula I need for any given hair issue!

If I want a protein type treatment, I could grab a HPLMLO formula (if he has one!), 

And to follow up with a moisturizer, I could use a LPHMLO formula.

To seal my treatment in, I could just use one of the WEN oils. Smiley Happy

On maintenance days, between treatment days, I could just go straight to my MPMMHO, or whatever ""combo formula" I needed!

Ok, I realize this may be asking a bit much to have him re label his products, BUT it should NOT be that hard to have a chart put up on his web site! Smiley Happy It certainly would help me to reach for the right products when I need them the most! Some days, my hair needs more protein, other days it wants more moisture, etc.

If anyone can at least tell me which THREE CCs have the MOST protein, and which has the LEAST, that would help me!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which WEN has the MOST protein? Which has the least? +++

Sounds like it was a lot easier when he claimed on his informercial that one CC (believe they showed the sweet almond mint) was the end all be all for EVERYBODY and that was ALL YOU NEEDED for beautiful hair. It has become like a complicated science project. I admire all of you who have the time, the patience, the money to figure it all out and find what works best for your own special needs. He certainly is blessed to have such a devoted following.

Honored Contributor

613 is the highest in protein, followed by the seasonals and restorative line CCs. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

Thanks Jaxsmom!

That must be why I love 6 13 so much!

I understand which are the seasonals, but which are the restoratives??

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

613 and 319 are the highest.  Then you have the Restorative Rice Protein CC's (MIF, BGT and the new Light), followed by the seasonals. The original CC's are the next lowest, with the Wen Kids CC's being the lowest of all. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

Sounds like it was a lot easier when he claimed on his informercial that one CC (believe they showed the sweet almond mint) was the end all be all for EVERYBODY and that was ALL YOU NEEDED for beautiful hair. It has become like a complicated science project. I admire all of you who have the time, the patience, the money to figure it all out and find what works best for your own special needs. He certainly is blessed to have such a devoted following.

@shaggygirlAnyone can use any formula of Wen just as anyone can use any shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, or any personal care product. 

However, just as with those products individual persons have individual needs, conditions, and concerns. Therefore Chaz expanded the line to see to what makes us different. Some people have gluten issues, he expanded to include soy based products. If soy is an issue he also added a rice based line. Some people have issues with menthol, he created Wen Kids and made it menthol free. 

His line continues to grow and we continue to cheer because each new product is something Wen girls and boys have asked for. He pays attention and like a parent attempting to feed a child their veggies, he creates new items in a "healthy hair" way. 

We love the scents and the treatment so now he gives it to us to use from head to toe while providing excellent skincare and fragrances so perfect that they work with your body chemistry. This creates a one of a kind experience as the same scent is different on each person. 

He is willing to listen to his customers, even if it means spending years trying to find new ways to recreate products in a Wen acceptable way. He is approachable and always willing to teach. He gives the phone number and reaches out over various social platforms so you don't have to buy and try it all, you can just ask. The girls here share what we have found while on our journeys, you can search just about every topic for answers. 

How far you go down the "World of Wen" rabbit hole is up to the individual. Some choose to scratch the surface and some go a bit deeper. Some of us are loving it fully immersed in "Wen Wonderland". 

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And you deserve a lifetime of free Wen, whatever you want, as much as you want, from Chaz for speaking so beautifully on behalf of him and his products! :-)

Oh by the way, I did try a couple of the CC's quite some time ago. They weren't my cup of tea but it's a wonderful thing when we find a product that meets our needs and gets the job done in a way pleases us so much. Happy for all you ladies who struck gold with Wen.  And I should add that I also tried a few of Nick's as well, they didn't work for me either! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

And you deserve a lifetime of free Wen, whatever you want, as much as you want, from Chaz for speaking so beautifully on behalf of him and his products! :-)

Oh by the way, I did try a couple of the CC's quite some time ago. They weren't my cup of tea but it's a wonderful thing when we find a product that meets our needs and gets the job done in a way pleases us so much. Happy for all you ladies who struck gold with Wen.  And I should add that I also tried a few of Nick's as well, they didn't work for me either! LOL

@shaggygirl I hope you find a product you love just as much. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

Could NOT have said it better myself, nikki48.  Every word, so true.  I'm a Wen girl for eight years now and people still marvel at my hair and I don't color.  I've gone years looking for hair and body products that work and Wen is the ONLY product that really, really works!

Valued Contributor

So what is the listing of order in the protein CC's?  There already has been a discreptancy....someone put the restorative's before the seasonals or vice/versa. When someone can create a sollid information list, it would be very helpful.  Thanks.