WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Where's the July 2019 WEN Chat?

Was is deleted?

Were we naughty again?

I did a search ... turned up nada.

I just wanted to ask if anyone cleans out their Remoist jars, removes the labels, and uses them for something else.

Crafts? Stray buttons? Hair clips?

I've seen similar jars for sale, Meijer & Target, not nearly as nice as these. 

Does the fragrance wash out of the plastic?

I'm looking at this cute little 4oz jar and I'll have another 4 ouncer empty very soon. 

...what to do...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where's the July 2019 WEN Chat?

@x Hedge - I have not yet done that with my remoist jars, however, I did clean out, and remove label from my candle jar and there is no residual scent.

It is now a candy dish. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, that sounds nice @riley1 !

Besides the Remoist jars, I have another general question for Wenners.

The dry oil, texture spray, and SPF are all tall cylindrical bottles with a narrow base. Mine are flopping over all the time!!

It's like bathroom bowling.  🎳

One flips over, and it knocks down 9 others. And when those go down I'll have RTM and glossing serum rolling off the shelf too!

And those little clear plastic spray caps that always pop off the bottles and roll out of sight -grrrr!

I like looking at my WEN. Don't wanna dump them in a cardboard box just so they aren't knocking each other over.

Maybe Dollar Tree has something that'll keep them standing upright.

What do you use?

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge, I cleaned out the candles and put my 10ml. perfumes in there.  It's a pretty glass with the Wen logo on it, so I kept a few.

Respected Contributor

Bathroom bowling!   LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that made me laugh!

Oh, about the July Chat.  I think everyone took it that the post that heads welcome July gals or somethng like that was the July Chat.  Not sure, maybe that's just what we all thought, I mean I kind of did.....Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya ,  I guess I saw Wen Gals and read it as meaning Wen Gallons. Lol!

Since I'm not a gallon user I just scrolled past. I'd done a forum search for the monthly chat but none of the Julys that came up were for this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge aren’t you just full of good ideas. I have saved my 2 oz remount to refill for travel but what a good idea you have. You can always use baking soda to get the smell out of the plastic. I’m sure I’ll find uses for the 4 oz. thanks
Respected Contributor

I tried keeping two NBTs I had that were empty and hoping the scent would "get around"  it didn't.  The labels are gorgeous but when all the product was gone, I just pitched 'em.  LOL!!!  Hey, that's funny, you though it said gallons, Hedge.  LOL!!

Anyway, it is a good idea to keep stuff in though. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes @77yangya, the labels are gorgeous, but I never thought of saving a NIBT jar. I have 7 NIBTs open right now, so I'm very slow to get to the bottom of any one jar.

Oops, I take it back.

I saved an 8oz 319 NIBT jar and refilled it from a 20oz 319 tub.

I just asked if anyone re-uses their Remoist jars because I like those squat jars (wider than they are tall).

Mostly because the wide opening is easy to reach into, plus they look good in my bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue 

I'm just kicking myself for not ordering a bamboo green tea Remoist from Chaz's website.  Love the fragrance and I know exactly where I'm going to put that emptied glossy green jar. 💚