WEN

I really need volume in my hair.  I have straight, fine but thick hair.  I want to try WEN but I don't know where to start.  Can someone help me?

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do I start with WEN?

@Rockies2017 wrote:

I really need volume in my hair.  I have straight, fine but thick hair.  I want to try WEN but I don't know where to start.  Can someone help me?

Welcome to Wen. Perfect time, This weekend specials. Wenners better experienced than I will have suggestions. Stay tuned.😊
Trusted Contributor

@Rockies2017 wrote:

Hi and welcome! I wish I could give you personal advice but I can direct you to the recommender until one of the other girls comes along to help more.

http://chazdean.com/recommender/

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@Rockies2017 welcome!  I think you should go to Chaldean dot com and there is a hair recommender.  It's pretty spot on.  I'm pretty sure there is still the last TSV in stock and that would be a good start kit.  It's a little more than it was on TSV day, but is still an amazing deal!

Esteemed Contributor

While it is difficult to give such a suggestion as to where to start with WEN, I'd still due to the timing of this visit's deals, suggest with today seasonal ODO. The one that has a cleansing conditioner, the scalp treatment oil and a replenishing must. It comes in three Fall scents. The Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin is probably the most moisturizing among three. Fall Tuscan Pear is winderfull also. The other original pumpkin I have not tried, so have nothing to say about it - don't know. This way price is right to experience WEN CC and treatment oil and mist.
On Chaz Dean website there is a product recommender for your hair type. Not sure if it gives you seasonal scents too on top of core cleansing conditioners.
Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:
While it is difficult to give such a suggestion as to where to start with WEN, I'd still due to the timing of this visit's deals, suggest with today seasonal ODO. The one that has a cleansing conditioner, the scalp treatment oil and a replenishing must. It comes in three Fall scents. The Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin is probably the most moisturizing among three. Fall Tuscan Pear is winderfull also. The other original pumpkin I have not tried, so have nothing to say about it - don't know. This way price is right to experience WEN CC and treatment oil and mist.
On Chaz Dean website there is a product recommender for your hair type. Not sure if it gives you seasonal scents too on top of core cleansing conditioners.

@sonechko Did I miss a ODO?

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

I do not know @nikki48, I know it's coming this visit. Wen Dooters posted about it. Maybe tomorrow.....

Trusted Contributor

@Rockies2017 I don't know what your budget is, but the seasonal trio is a great deal! Once you use the finder you will probably have some answers as well.

One caution I would make is to give Wen time, and to remember more is more. I "started" Wen three times before I really committed to the process. Those three times were unsuccessful because I tried to use Wen like shampoo, did not use enough, etc. etc. I went all in with a Wen gallon in Bamboo Green Tea in 2014. I committed. Within a year my hair had grown from a pixie that was super cute with the help of 2-3 products, to hair below the ears that was starting to show my natural childhood curl. Now 2 years later I have hair that is brushing my shoulders curly and past my shoulders straight in RINGLETS! It took time, and there were some awkward stages where old "poo" hair as Wenners sometimes call it had to be removed, but it was worth it.

I also converted to Wen styling, but that was only after figuring out the CC. I won't go on that trip! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Great post @yisbuff2!  Yeah, to start with a seasonal trio on ODO's price and try all three Fall Scents, is indeed a great idea OP!

Respected Contributor

As a fellow fine hair person, I'd strongly advise using the formula selector on the WEN website.  Odds are that it will suggest Lavender, because that is the most volumizing of the Classic formulas.  Lavender gives me the most volume, but my scalp is allergic to it, so my second choice, Bamboo Green Tea, is my best formula. 

Depending on what formula you find at the top of your list, my product recommendation is the kit that was a TSV last month, A284021.  All the Classic formulas are still available except Cucumber Aloe, and that kit is a fabulous value.  If you heat style, the Remoist is a miracle product.  If you want to keep your scalp healthy, the oil is wonderful.  The cleansing conditioner is a big enough bottle that you will have enough product to give it a fair try.  Depending on how often you wash your hair, you may need to cleanse twice, in which case you divide the total number of pumps in half and use the first half, scrub it in with a liberal splash of water, rinse, apply the second half and rub it in well, then let it rest in your hair, clipped up, for the rest of your shower.  Rinse it out last, then step out of the shower and resume your normal schedule.  Think of the double cleanse as a "clean" step and "condition" step.  I cleanse every day, so I only use one wash with WEN, and my hair stays nice and clean, but I'm also growing out a pixie cut, so when my hair finally gets longer, I'll have to go to that second step to condition the ends a bit more.

Chaz often recommends adding some product to your hair as a "leave in" conditioner, but for my scalp and short hair, that's a death knell.  My hair is just too fine, "leave in" leaves it flat.  If your hair is long enough, I'd say "leave in" on the ends, away from your scalp, is a safe bet, though.

Once you've used the system a week or two, my bet is that you will see a notable difference in your hair.  Fine hair, especially, is prone to breakage, and the moisture that WEN adds in will make your hair more flexible and soft, and thus less prone to breakage. 

If your budget allows, then you can certainly pick up the "one day only" Fall trio with the comb, that will get you the much-beloved WEN comb, which really is a very good product, as well as three more super-yummy options for cleansing.  You will get a bottle of the newest Fall scent in the kit, Vanilla White Pumpkin, and the trio will give you another bottle of that, plus Fall Tuscan Pear and Fall Ginger Pumpkin.  All three are moisturizing, to me the FTP was the most moisturizing, then FVWP, and finally FGP,  my personal favorite, but "your mileage may vary".

Finally, as with all personal care products, common sense should apply.  I started with Lavender, and pretty soon I was sure WEN was a terrible product, because my scalp went nutso.  I sent the kit back and didn't try WEN again for months.  Turns out I was allergic to lavender!  I can use all the other formulas, just not lavender.  So if you start with one formula and have an allergic reaction to it, stop using it, call Customer Service at QVC, ask to return the kit and try a different formula.  I ordered that particular kit when it was the TSV in the Tea Tree formula, because that's the best Classic formula for me, plus the Tea Tree oil is a miracle worker for my scalp, I probably have half again as much hair as I used to due to tea tree oil.  But no doubt that TT is a strong fragrance, and some users hate it, so it may not be the best for you.  Use the formula selector on Chaz's WEN website, find a good match, and give it a shot, odds are high that you will soon be just LOVING your new WEN hair!