WEN

Respected Contributor

What's the consensus on Wen?

Does it cause you to lose hair?  What has been your experience?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: What's the consensus on Wen?

@spent2much   WEN did not make me lose hair during the 6+ years I used it almost exclusively.

Honored Contributor

No hair loss for me.  I have used it for years.

Respected Contributor

I decided to give it a try after seeing how many people loved it and were buying gallons! I knew I needed to give it some time to see a difference but after about 4 weeks I developed dry patches on my scalp around my hairline.  I tried treating the dry patches but they did not clear up.  I stopped using Wen but ended up going to the doctor for prescription cream to put on dry areas.  Finally, after months it cleared up.  I can't prove it was from using Wen, but it never happened before and has not happened since.  I wont use it ever again.

Regular Contributor

I have used Wen for several years.  No hair loss.  The trick for me was figuring out how much to use.  I wash my hair everyday with 6 to 7 pumps from a 32 oz bottle (Sweet Almond Mint).  My hair touches the top of my shoulders.  I don't use the rice based & the floral scented formulas as they dry out my hair. I have never used more than 7 pumps.  I can't imagine using tons of this product (or any product) and only washing my hair once a week.  I wish I could but can't.  I also use the Wen hair balm.

What has caused my hair to fall out? Low on essential vitamins/minerals (bad diet), high stress,  and when I dye my hair.

Hope this helps. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never experienced hair loss with using WEN.  I've been using it on and off (mostly on) for a long time, I'm thinking 8 years now or so?   I also like Tweak'd and Beekman goatmilk shampoo.   I just like to change it up sometimes and I have had nice results with all of them.  I do say though, I am leaning toward staying more with Tweak'd.

Esteemed Contributor

i think i might be the only one on the planet who has never used Wen....too many pumps of product required......and too expensive for my budget....imo...

Super Contributor

@spent2much i lost hair for many months, according to a dermatologist I saw it clogs the hair pores over time- it also left my scalp scaly and I never felt my hair was clean- I stopped it and over time my hair recovered as well as my scalp- I do not recomend this product to anyone, besides it costs way too much

Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

Google: Wen Lawsuits and judge for yourself.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I decided to give it a try after seeing how many people loved it and were buying gallons! I knew I needed to give it some time to see a difference but after about 4 weeks I developed dry patches on my scalp around my hairline.  I tried treating the dry patches but they did not clear up.  I stopped using Wen but ended up going to the doctor for prescription cream to put on dry areas.  Finally, after months it cleared up.  I can't prove it was from using Wen, but it never happened before and has not happened since.  I wont use it ever again.

@Catch71 

What do you know yourself to be allergic to?    I know someone who tried Wen, but is allergic to menthol and it irritated her scalp a little bit.  I'm not sure all Wen shampoos have menthol, but her version did.