WEN

Valued Contributor

What’s best for dryish colored hair

[ Edited ]

I'm new to Wen.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: What’s best for dryish colored gair

Lucky-girl, as long as you are not allergic to anything, you could use nearly any formula with success.  One you probably don't want to try is Cucumber Aloe, it is less moisturizing than the other formulas.  All WEN will protect colored hair and won't strip the color away.  The most moisturizing formula for nearly everyone is Fig, but I also find Fall Ginger Pumpkin to be very moisturizing.  If there is one universal formula that's good for everyone, it would probably be Tea Tree,  I use that formula as a first cleanse every time I wash my hair.  If you have no allergies, then you can select based on the fragrance from all the seasonal formulas, some of them are literally divine scents.  Check out the fragrance descriptions of all the seasonals and I am sure some of them will sound delicious (of course don't eat it, lol, but you'll want to!) and odds are they will work well for you.  I am sure others will chime in with advise, but I wanted to welcome you to the WEN board and offer what help I can.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

You are most welcome!  Please let us know what you choose and how it works for you when you start using it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s best for dryish colored hair

@lucky-girl welcome to the group. CamilleP gave u great advice. Just want to add Summer Honey peach is very moisturizing and smells Wenderful.
Esteemed Contributor

@lucky-girl 

Welcome to the forum and to WEN. When me and my BFF started our WEN journey seven + years ago, we both had different needs we wanted to address. Hers was dry colored hair that was in pretty rough shape. She opted for the Fig CC initially. She was thrilled to share immediate restorative results from just the first cleanse! It doesn't sound from your inquiry, that your hair is in as bad of shape as my BFF 's, which was overprocessed, very dry and brittle. OTC shampoos and ancillary products certainly were not helping either. Thus she, we, began our journey and love affair with WEN. 

@CamilleP shared some good suggestions, as well as @ANewHue . I'd like share the CC's that have been very moisturizing for me, personally. The Bella Spirit CC was extremely moisturizing, as was the Summer Coconut Mango. The Summer Honey Peach, while moisture rich, works the best of these three for my hair and gives me the best results without overly softening (ie, moisturized) my hair's texture. There's a couple retired formulas that are very moisturizing...Fall Apple Spice and Spring Gardenia Green Tea, that may be found on eBay that many here adored using.

I will suggest trying the ReMoist Hair Mask too. Super product, which is applied on wet hair after cleansing and rinsed out afterwards. Leave it in as long as possible. Many leave this in as an overnight for the extended treatment benefit. Can be used as a styling product too. ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s best for dryish colored hair

@lucky-girl - As @rochelleS said, try the remoist. I use this as an overnight treatment on cleansed hair and rinse out in the morning. Once rinsed, I add in styling cream, cleansing conditioner and the Bella Spirit curl defining cream.

As others have said, you would be good with the seasonal CCs - that's actually where I started my Wen journey. The Bella Spirit CC is also a good choice.

Good Luck and welcome to the all things WEN forum. Let us know how you do. Riley1