WEN

Respected Contributor

What does Light Smell Like to You?

I got the TSV and put some on my hand and added water. The first thing I smell is Vicks Vapo Rub (menthol). The other scent almost smells like some kind of weed. Lol.

For some reason, I am not smelling this the way Chaz intended, I am sure.

Wgat does it smell like to you? If I know, it might help me detect those notes.
Respected Contributor

Re: What does Light Smell Like to You?

Okay, so I read the description of the EDP. It may be the eucalyptus I am smelling. To me, it smells like Vick's. The other smell is probably the lavender, which I like, but it is very herbaceous or 'weedy'. Lol. I am going to see what I think in the shower with a bunch of it all at once. Sometimes that makes a difference.
Respected Contributor

I don't dislike it; I was just puzzled by what I was smelling and wanted some input.
Esteemed Contributor

@cosmic1, I used it tonight and here is my take on it.  When I first opened it, I thought that it had a faint green smell.  While using it, before mixing in SAM, I could smell the rice/soy, which is not my favorite.  Once I mixed it, I did not smell it at all.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I just opened the bottle to sniff and I can't put my finger on it either.  It reminded me a bit of a more medicinal Cucumber Aloe.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Just did my 1st open bottle sniff and immediately was hit with strong menthol too. Then after was the lavendar and this grapefruit scent I have always picked up in the light finishing spray. Will have to see what it smells like in the shower. Hope the menthol is not as prominent. Menthol is lower in the ingredients list than most other CC's so I was hopeful it would not be very detectable. I'll be very disappointed if it turns out to be as strong in the shower. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Just did my 1st open bottle sniff and immediately was hit with strong menthol too. Then after was the lavendar and this grapefruit scent I have always picked up in the light finishing spray. Will have to see what it smells like in the shower. Hope the menthol is not as prominent. Menthol is lower in the ingredients list than most other CC's so I was hopeful it would not be very detectable. I'll be very disappointed if it turns out to be as strong in the shower. 

@AmericanBulldogMom The eucalyptus is pretty high in the ingredient list so that is probably what you are smelling more than the actual menthol (they smell similar). However,  I smell the menthol in almost every single CC I've tried, regardless of where it is on the ingredient list. That is one thing I wish would go away. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom The eucalyptus is pretty high in the ingredient list so that is probably what you are smelling more than the actual menthol (they smell similar). However,  I smell the menthol in almost every single CC I've tried, regardless of where it is on the ingredient list. That is one thing I wish would go away. 

@HappyDaze  Agree on the menthol going away. I was hopeful no real menthol scent would be in this one. Hopefully in the shower then the eucalyptus will be what I smell over the menthol. Fingers crossed! Thx!

Respected Contributor

Hi Cosmic1.  I really don't know what I'm smelling but I remember Chaz always mentioning eucalyptus (sorry if I mis-spelled) as one of the top notes in it.  It's the oddest thing because when he offered the EDP firstly, I got it and returned it.  I just didn't like it as much as I wanted to.  Okay, then he came out with the NBT, I tried that and LOVED IT!  I still have two whole unopened jars of it that I treasure.  I wish I could describe what it smells like but I'm a "city" girl and don't really know.  I guess transitioning from an EDP to an NBT the scent took on some differences, hence, my liking the NBT and not the EDP.  Some scents I can or think I can, identify what they are such as in PJP, actually PJP has lovely base notes too that are quite different from the top ones.  Chaz, after the shows, went to NY to the perfume house.  He's making some new ones, I think the next one is gonna be "Love".  I think he's gonna do every scent in the blessing on the back of every bottle, you know, Light, Love, Hope, Joy and so on.  I think that's really great!

Respected Contributor

Hi HappyDaze.  I remember Chaz saying, long ago, that menthol may be undesirable, it's important in building ingredients for the best cleanse.  Maybe that's why he keeps it in there.  I think it's been modified as time went on.  I feel I can pick out the ones with more menthol in them because when I do my body with it, it gives me that "cold" feeling.  It doesn't bother me really I use the 319/613 body cleanser which does not give me that feeling at all.  These may still have it but I can't detect it.