WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: What WEN Did You Buy This Week?

Well, this particular week I got the Bella Facial Mask and a "Chocolate Mousse" Mousse. 

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I got a CLV 3 piece by mistake, but Hub loves it... For me the BGT, but i will be tempted to get the 3 piece fall Ftp\Fas\fgp..assumimg it is offered..☺

That's one of my top fav's.  CLV.  YAAAYYYY!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Received the spring TSV in cucumber aloe.

Here's the problem I have with the styling creme, and why I rarely use it.

After years of WEN use, I know my best leave-in is a generous amount of either a rich cc like 613 or Remoist, plus 1.5 droppers of treatment oil.

When I also apply styling creme, either before, after, or all mixed together, i get the weirdest tiny little whitish clumps all over my hair. Looks like itty bitty miniature curds of cottage cheese. Only happens when I add the SC to my standard leave-in. 

Since no one else has ever reported this phenomenon, I thought I'd ask.

That ever happen to you?

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge   I have tried to combine CC & SC at the same to save a step but it turned to cottage cheese in my hand. But I have no problem when I do it in 2 steps, CC first then SC 

Esteemed Contributor

Ok.  Thanks, @FleaMktQn .

Gee, that's odd. I thought maybe it was because I add so much oil.

But maybe it's because my cc is such a generous amount, and hasn't all absorbed into my hair yet when the SC goes on.

This last time I mixed the 613 and oil, and applied that. Then I pumped out 8 or so of the SC and applied it...and the cottage cheese appeared.

Well thank you. You've given me a place to start experimenting.

Respected Contributor

You're welcome @x Hedge   My hair is short so I use a small amount of leave in CC, and 1 or 2 pumps of SC

Trusted Contributor

Hi @x Hedge !  I mix CC, SC, RTM, VTS, and oil all in my hand at the same time for my leave-in and have never had the cottage cheese effect that I've noticed. 😬 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Hedge, I routinely mix my leave-in and SC in my palm to apply together in the shower, after I rinse out my second cleanse.  The mixed products do get a slightly clumpy, flocculent appearance, so I keep mixing until they are as homogenous as possible, then I really work it into the hair, from roots to ends, and work the hair together with my hands and fingers.  Then when I get out of the shower, I comb through with my WEN comb.  Once in a great while I'll see some of that "cottage cheese" clumping, but it brushes out of my dry hair, if it doesn't comb out while wet.  I've never mixed oils into my leave-in, as my hair is so fine it would be left limp and greasy if I did, but just the CC/SC mix can give me little bits of product clinging to my hair if I don't scrub and work it in really, really vigorously.

Esteemed Contributor

So far I've ordered the Bella translucent lip.

I ran out last spring and thought, oh heck I can get through a summer without it.

Still had some chapstick and Carmex.

ehhh, no.

I had chapped cracky painful lips all summer...like the good ol' days before Chaz's lip treatment.

Silly me, I then ordered a WEN lip tube in "bare".

But I like to apply it before bed, and was afraid the tint would transfer to the bedding.

Never want to be without the WEN translucent lip again. I wake up with soft lips and they stay that way all day, in all seasons, as long as I reapply every night. And I'm outside in sun & wind for hours every day.  Great stuff!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

So far I've ordered the Bella translucent lip.

I ran out last spring and thought, oh heck I can get through a summer without it.

Still had some chapstick and Carmex.

ehhh, no.

I had chapped cracky painful lips all summer...like the good ol' days before Chaz's lip treatment.

Silly me, I then ordered a WEN lip tube in "bare".

But I like to apply it before bed, and was afraid the tint would transfer to the bedding.

Never want to be without the WEN translucent lip again. I wake up with soft lips and they stay that way all day, in all seasons, as long as I reapply every night. And I'm outside in sun & wind for hours every day.  Great stuff!

@x Hedge 

Same thing happened to me, and I totally agree!  Only I had some goat milk lip balm everyone had raved about I needed to use up.  And I was afraid of ordering any type of balm in the heat of the summer with shipping being as "iffy" as it's been lately.  I liked the goat milk balm just fine, but it just didn't stay.  

I haven't ordered my lip treatment yet (next show)--I've been too busy getting all the other great deals!☺️  But I'm stocking up while it's on sale, for sure.  I will not be without it again either!