WEN

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - what's in your Wen bathroom?

@bebe777 wrote:

@quadmimi, you might want to start a new glossing serum (GS) thread because almost all of the old GS threads in Wen 101 have been reduced to the very first post to those threads. This was one of the unanticipated problems that occurred during the transition to the new forum structure. Essentially, a large amount of archived collected knowledge about products was eliminated. 

I used to have almost 20 great glossing serum info threads in the Wen 101 thread. I just went through these threads and had to delete all but four of them:

Glossing Serum -- wen smoothing glossing serum duo ---- Do you use GS and SC together? -- Oil vs Serum ---- Ask the WEN Team About the March Today's Special Value® & More 

--

oh well, it sounds as though it's time for a new glossing serum thread.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Oh Bebe, I will leave the starting to you!...You have so much info and do such a great job....I was reading a few reviews on it and it made me think why haven't I tried it..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm too busy enjoying my glass of Pinot Noir to get my butt up off this couch  to go take WEN inventory in my bathroom. Let's just say I have a butt-load!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I posted the list of my Wen stash in another thread but 99% of my Wen sits in my bathroom cabinets. The gallons sit under a counter in the bathroom since they don't fit in the cabinets.

Respected Contributor

In my shower, I have a 32 oz. BGT, a 16 oz. WCM, and a 16 oz. 613 (which I mostly only use on my face). Also a TT and MIF Styling Creme, and a 2 oz. SAM RTM, along with a WWC mousse.

In my cabinet, a 613 and WWC 4 oz. oil with matching RTMs--I use those on my face and hair.

In an organizer on my vanity, along with my Wen brush, I keep a SAM Glossing Serum and a VTS (can't remember the scent at the moment, lol!). There's also a blow dryer and (shhhh, don't tell Chaz!) hairspray, as well as a salt-infusion spray.

Trusted Contributor

I keep only my open items in my bathroom, but that is because of some received wisdom (which probably isn't true) that the steam can impact products. I have my open BGT and MIF in the shower, a BGT SC  and mousseeeeee in the cabinet, and my stash elsewhere. My unopened, in the box TSVs are in the cabinet over my fridge. My extra SC is in my back up basket which holds sample size things or gift with purchases or extras of items I must always have (like, 2 back up sephora black liquid eyeliners ATALLTIMES). When the weather settles I will be adding my WWC styling duo. WOO! Oh, and Wen combs in the shower and in the cabinet.

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

I keep only my open items in my bathroom, but that is because of some received wisdom (which probably isn't true) that the steam can impact products. I have my open BGT and MIF in the shower, a BGT SC  and mousseeeeee in the cabinet, and my stash elsewhere. My unopened, in the box TSVs are in the cabinet over my fridge. My extra SC is in my back up basket which holds sample size things or gift with purchases or extras of items I must always have (like, 2 back up sephora black liquid eyeliners ATALLTIMES). When the weather settles I will be adding my WWC styling duo. WOO! Oh, and Wen combs in the shower and in the cabinet.

@yisbuff2, lol, just to give you a very unscientific frame of reference...

The very first bottle of Wen that i opened was (of course) the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) from my very first December 2010 (5) 16oz CCs TSV.... it was way back in the olden days... when the Classic line was still called the Core line.... and, in fact, was the only Wen product line around.

SAM was too heavy for my hair and I quickly found that Tea Tree was my best friend. I loved the SAM scent, so every 6-12 months I'd try the SAM CC again... but I never worked. -- I remember trying it again in December 2014. It still smelled great... and still weighed down my hair. 

Then this past summer (2015), I opened the bottle once again and *yuck* it had gone rancid. Smiley Sad

The bottom line is that I kept the opened SAM CC in my steam impacted bathroom (I always shower... every day, for good measure *s*) and the wenderful SAM CC held fast for over four years before ending the good scent fight. Smiley Wink

-- bebe, who remembers her wenderful SAM scent fondly with every pump of her wenderful new SAM Moussie moo Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@yisbuff2, lol, just to give you a very unscientific frame of reference...

The very first bottle of Wen that i opened was (of course) the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) from my very first December 2010 (5) 16oz CCs TSV.... it was way back in the olden days... when the Classic line was still called the Core line.... and, in fact, was the only Wen product line around.

SAM was too heavy for my hair and I quickly found that Tea Tree was my best friend. I loved the SAM scent, so every 6-12 months I'd try the SAM CC again... but I never worked. -- I remember trying it again in December 2014. It still smelled great... and still weighed down my hair. 

Then this past summer (2015), I opened the bottle once again and *yuck* it had gone rancid. Smiley Sad

The bottom line is that I kept the opened SAM CC in my steam impacted bathroom (I always shower... every day, for good measure *s*) and the wenderful SAM CC held fast for over four years before ending the good scent fight. Smiley Wink

-- bebe, who remembers her wenderful SAM scent fondly with every pump of her wenderful new SAM Moussie moo Smiley Happy

Oh WOW - I think four years is ENTIRELY reasonable!! So, I won't sweat it. Haha.

I'm also a shower every day person. I don't cleanse every day because I don't have to anymore, but I need to feel clean. I know that this is totally culturally contructed. Nonetheless cleeeeeean.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will not disclose how many gallons are in my stash!  A WEN girl is entitled to SOME secrets.

However, open and in use on my shower bench are 32 oz bottles of :

TT 

SHP

BGT

MIF

WVM

*edited to add, a humidifyer in the bedroom really makes a difference for hair and skin moisture.

Thas' all I'm sayin'.

#IAmTeamWEN  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I will not disclose how many gallons are in my stash!  A WEN girl is entitled to SOME secrets.

However, open and in use on my shower bench are 32 oz bottles of :

TT 

SHP

BGT

MIF

WVM

Thas' all I'm sayin'.

#IAmTeamWEN  Heart

@Drythe, lol, that pretty much would have been my guess... but I would have added a 32oz bottle of the new rice-based Fragrance Free (FF) CC. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Everything wen that I own is somewhere in my bathroom. I have a stash under tge cabinet, a supply of various scents and styling products in my shower, and oils and rtms on my sink.