WEN

Respected Contributor

I use one pump on the ends and no leave in CC.  I have chin length hair and it is thin due  to tamoxifen, aging and genes!  Seems to make my hair a little greasy the next day.  Any other uses for this product?  I have 2 full bottles and hate to waste it!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl A pump may be too much since your hair is thin and you only use it on the ends. Try just pumping a pea-sized dab into your hands, rubbing them together, then applying. Alsol, make sure your hair is soaking wet before applying...it seems to absorb better that way.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@bargainsgirl A pump may be too much since your hair is thin and you only use it on the ends. Try just pumping a pea-sized dab into your hands, rubbing them together, then applying. Alsol, make sure your hair is soaking wet before applying...it seems to absorb better that way.

I agree with @vermint, a whole pump just for the ends is a lot.  And yes, apply to soaking wet hair, then blot dry. We usually apply products to hair after towel-drying, but I find that almost all my styling products work better if I apply to soaking wet hair (I do it while I'm still standing in the shower) and then blot dry with an old t-shirt.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I apply it right after my last rinse, then I wrap a towel around my head and continue with the towel drying, etc.  My hair is pretty long, but rather thin, and I only use about a half pump for my whole head.  I love the way it detangles, but too much of a good thing makes for stringy hair!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

My hair is just past shoulder length, thin but plentiful and wavy/frizzy. I use a pump of two on wet hair. For me it seems to improve the texture of my hair; more hydrated and manageable. And the scent- love!

I do not use the CC, just styling products. CC caused hair loss for me after continued use.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @bargainsgirl. A pea sized dab of styling cream applied to sopping wet hair would bring you better results.

I think a full pump, applied to just the ends of thin wet hair is too much.

As to other uses, most apply Wen SC to wet hair before using heat appliances, as it gives heat protection.

But I use it this way only occasionally.

After air drying my curly, wavy, frizz prone hair I'll take a half pump or so of styling cream, spread it on my palms, and with hands flat, "smooth" the surface of my dry hair all over.

This eliminates the "flyaway hair", helps define individual curls, and leaves a nice shine and fragrance behind. This is usually my last step before leaving the house.

Due to the texture and length of my hair, I can use a lot of product without getting that greasy look. This would probably be way "too much" if your hair is straight and fine as well as thin.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl

I replied to your ? about this on the beauty forum.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

This may or may not be your experience, but my hair reacts differently to the different scents/formulas.

I have found Pom is the lightest, 613 and SAM the heaviest, BGT, and FIG fall are light, but not as light as POM.  I think those are the only ones I have tried so far.   I have long hair, medium but fine.  Anything more than a pea size of 613 or SAM, and I get that greasy feeling.

Michele