WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - priming dry hair with Wen Cleansing Conditioner

[ Edited ]

Wow!! I just tried the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) Cleansing Conditioner yesterday -- by first priming my dry hair for 30-40 minutes with MIF CC -- and my hair has never looked better!!! I was so surprised by the results!!

I almost didn't purchase it because while the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) has been great for my hair, the FIG CC has always weighed my hair down. So when I saw the "fig" in MIF I was hesitant to try it, but I'm sure glad I did!!!

I have thin/fine/porous hair and while Wen has worked wonders with my hair, lol, it can only do the best with what I have. So while Wen has somewhat tamed my flyaways, well, it's still an issue. 

Occasionally I've done an overnight 613 CC hair treatment to get the full benefit of the amino acid complex (and any other wenderful ingredients). Then I cleanse with 613 the following day and the overnight hair treatment always gives my hair a bump up.

So yesterday morning I tried MIF for the first time, but with a twist. I put one pump of MIF CC (from a 16oz bottle) into my dry hair and waited about 30-40 minutes before cleansing my hair. Then I used MIF CC for both my first and second cleanse. -- As a leave in, on sopping wet hair, I added a quarter-sized pump of MIF CC back into my hair from below my scalp to the ends of my hair. Then I added one pump of 613 SC back into my hair (from mid-scalp to ends) and raked the remaining SC through the top of my hair. Usually I follow with 613 mousse, but I passed on it this time.

Then I air dried my hair with my fan while I was watching Wimbledon. When my hair was dry I looped it up into a bun because that gives my hair a bit of a curl. After that, I was glued to the TV until the unfortunate ending when Federer lost to Djokavic in four sets (well, hopefully, there's next year for Federer). 

Then I went into the bathroom to see how MIF had worked on my hair and I was stunned by the results. For the very first time, my hair had almost no frizz factor. That had never happened before. My hair looked sort of Wen model like... bouncy!

I've done numerous overnight 613 CC hair treatments, but I've always wetted my hair before adding in the 613 CC. So I don't know if the game changer was using the CC primer on dry hair or if MIF was the deciding factor. -- Over the next few weeks I'm going  to experiment by priming my dry hair with 613 and BGT to get a better handle on this. I'm guessing that both the dry CC priming as well as the MIF CC both play a part here, but I'll know for sure  soon enough. I think that MIF may be more moisturizing than either 613 CC or BGT and that the MIF CC helps tame my frizz.

I got the idea to dry prime my hair from Denis Simione. He founded Ojon (now owned by Estee) and has now started the Tweak-d line of products (he has shows on the other shopping channel). Denis seems to know a lot about hair care, if you can get past the way he hypes products. I used to use Ojon and really liked it, but once I switched over to Wen I never looked back (no comparison!). -- For overnight hair treatments, I still do go back and forth between the Wen remoist and Denis' original almost 100% Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. 

At any rate, when Denis was presenting Tweak-d last month, he recommended adding his new co-wash (gee, wonder where he got that idea?) into dry hair. He talked about how it was more difficult for it to penetrate the hair cuticle when the hair was wet. I had been thinking about this for a while: I wondered how you got maximum CC inside the cuticle when water is already there? So I finally tried the priming CC into dry hair approach yesterday, and I'm really happy with my results!! 

-- bebe, with Wen model bouncy hair Smiley Happy

--

FYI, I wrote this earlier before I had tried MIF on my hair...

I just received my Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) CC and I'm looking forward to giving it a spin in the next few days. I really like the MIF scent although BGT along with SOB are my favorite scents (with SHP, SGGT and 613 not far behind). 

What surprised me was how similar the MIF scent was to the BGT scent. I haven't used the Classic FIG CC in probably three years but, from what I remember, there is a hint of the FIG scent in the MIF scent. I didn't like the FIG scent, so I was happy that I liked the MIF scent. I think the BGT portion of the MIF scent has nicely tempered (for me) the FIG in the MIF scent.

At this point, I've just put some of the MIF on one wrist and the BGT on the other wrist to compare the scents. Actually, I've done this a number of times because I really like both scents. Smiley Happy -- I'll be interested to find out how the MIF CC smells when I cleanse my hair. Hopefully, it there won't be too much FIG in the scent.

I know that the FIG CC is the most moisturizing but it's been too heavy for my hair. I'm hoping that the MIF won't be too heavy for for my hair. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

___

Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ Wen 101 -- Wen News - Wen Calendar - new & upcoming Wen products - September Chat 2015 - QVC WEN forum -- Wen Sept 5th TSV -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th -- 2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees  ~ Vote For Your Favorite WEN Products ~ -Wen Abbreviations Glossary --- periscope -Chat with TEAM WEN on September 5th!! 

___

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - priming dry hair with MIF Cleansing Conditioner

That's awesome you got such great results with the MIF, bebe! I'm glad to know it didn't weigh your hair down.

And I, too, was sad about Federer's loss! 😢
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad Bebe that you bravely ventured into trying MIF and liked it! Including it's scent!

MIF is another super incredible Wen formula, in my opinion. It does wonders to my hair.

I pesonally do not see MIF and BGT smell similar at all, again - our perceptions in scents may vary a lot, as we know. I do love MIF scent, but can't say, I am always in the mood for it. But when in the mood - I totally enjoy it's scent and ALWAYS love MIF performance!

I will definitely try dry priming, thanks for sharing. I already did try dry hair overnight mask with 613 CC, like you've mentioned in one of earlier posts.

I did put 613 CC on the entire length of dry hair AND Tea Tree oil on my scalp at the same time, overnight. It was quite a treatment!

In the short period of using Wen approximately for seven month, my dry, thin, porous, absolutely lifeless hair has completely changed with Wen EVERYTHING to the point that I can't use these same epithets describing my hair any longer.

It is lively, moist, shiny, bouncy and growing much faster than ever before. The best part is - the longer it grows the better it looks.

When before I could not possibly dream of having it past my chin length. Now, I can't wait for it to get longer, because it does not break and I do not have split ends.

My hair is mostly straight, now being longer and supple, it starting to have a look a bit of that "wing of a bird", like on Chaz models, when they lift hair with their hand. Well, almost!

So, well encouraged by such positive results, on top of using variety of Wen CCs, I now put serious emphasis on treating my hair via oils and masks.

I also, sometimes leave shower with second cleanse CC in, for about 10-20-30 minutes when I can, before I come back to rinse it, and do not consider it to be a trouble at all. I consider this to be my hair restoration program. Woman Happy

Love Wen! Heart

Super Contributor

Very cool!  But it also could be that 613 is drying to your hair--I can't use it.  My hair becomes brittle & straw like.  It also could be that you air dryed--heat makes a huge difference.

Regardless, it is cool that you have found your holy grail!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wishd4it wrote:

Very cool!  But it also could be that 613 is drying to your hair--I can't use it.  My hair becomes brittle & straw like.  It also could be that you air dryed--heat makes a huge difference.

Regardless, it is cool that you have found your holy grail!! Smiley Happy

wishd4it, thank youSmiley Happy lol, I think I could leave 613 CC plastered on my thin/fine hair all the time and it wouldn't have any negative effects. Actually, I kind of do since 613 CC is always part of my leave in. 

I've done a number of overnight 613 CC hair treatments which have worked really well for my hair. So last fall I did an experiment and left 613 CC on my hair for a three day weekend. Every 3-4 hours I wet my hair and applied more 613 CC to it. The end result was that while it didn't damage my hair or make it more brittle/strawlike, it didnt give imporve my haiar any more than a 613 CC overnight hair treatment. 

I also took Chaz up on his 613 CC challenge last fall and used 613 CC exclusively for both my first and second cleasnes. After a few months I realized that using 613 CC regularly was just giving me about the same results as the Seasonals.

So I switched back to my BGT first cleanse and Seasonal of the Moment second cleanse. -- Also, maybe because of the bamboo ingredients, using BGT on a regular basis works bettr for my hair than 613. But if I haven't done remoists treatments for a while, 613 CC kicks my hair back into shape. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I followed Bebe's advise and primed my dry hair with Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) for about an hour or maybe a little longer.

I used more than a pump though. First, worked it in my scalp and then throughout hair length. I don't know how many pumps I used, just was adding enough CC to cover and saturate my hair.

When I went into a shower, the amount of MIF I already had for dry priming, was more than enough to be my "first cleanse" and I only had to add more MIF for the second cleanse.

My hair came out so amazing!  Much better moisturized and conditioned, than ever before, better than with any overnight re-moist hair mask treatment. Very soft and bouncy, feeling stronger and smelling wonderful.

I will definitely repeat this process again, and certainly will try this using other CCs. SHP will be my next experiment, because of it's four honeys complex.

But I agree with Bebe - the bamboo water and moisturizing qualities of MIF work wonders for my hair. I liked using this dry hair priming, and I say again - MIF is amazing!

Contributor

Ooooh this sounds AMAZING! I'm defintiely going to try it. I have a lot more BGT than MIF so I might try it using that product first. I wonder if this would work for folks who have some CCs that they don't love, but like ok, too. Maybe priming with a non-favorite and then cleansing with the favorites can make the most of all options. Just a thought!

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff wrote:

Ooooh this sounds AMAZING! I'm defintiely going to try it. I have a lot more BGT than MIF so I might try it using that product first. I wonder if this would work for folks who have some CCs that they don't love, but like ok, too. Maybe priming with a non-favorite and then cleansing with the favorites can make the most of all options. Just a thought!

yisbuff, I just stumbled over this new method so I don't know, but I would think that it would work for every Wen CC. I just happened to use the MIF to try out my latest experiment. 

As I mentioned in my original post, I think that MIF may well be the best CC for my thin/fine porous hair but it's too soon to know for sure. I'll be experimenting with my other CCs over the next few months to figure out what works best. 

For Wenners who don't have healthy hair (chemical damage or thin/fine hair), I think the CC lines that have amino acids and/or bamboo water/extract may give the best results. I'd guess that priming hair with those CCs would allow the hair a greater opportunity to absorb those ingredients. -- Otherwise, for the perspective of getting more moisture into your hair, I think the various CCs would probably work equally well. 

Of course, I'm not a professional hair stylist or chemist, so these are just my own observations...

-- bebe, a Wen girl with bouncy Wen model hair Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Yesterday I followed Bebe's advise and primed my dry hair with Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) for about an hour or maybe a little longer.

I used more than a pump though. First, worked it in my scalp and then throughout hair length. I don't know how many pumps I used, just was adding enough CC to cover and saturate my hair.

When I went into a shower, the amount of MIF I already had for dry priming, was more than enough to be my "first cleanse" and I only had to add more MIF for the second cleanse.

My hair came out so amazing!  Much better moisturized and conditioned, than ever before, better than with any overnight re-moist hair mask treatment. Very soft and bouncy, feeling stronger and smelling wonderful.

I will definitely repeat this process again, and certainly will try this using other CCs. SHP will be my next experiment, because of it's four honeys complex.

But I agree with Bebe - the bamboo water and moisturizing qualities of MIF work wonders for my hair. I liked using this dry hair priming, and I say again - MIF is amazing!

sonechko, I'm so glad that your hair turned out so well using the dry hair priming method!!! lol, and I think we should start an MIF fan club!!! Smiley Wink

In a previous post in this thread you had mentioned: I will definitely try dry priming, thanks for sharing. I already did try dry hair overnight mask with 613 CC, like you've mentioned in one of earlier posts. -- I've used the dry hair overnight remoist for a few years now but, lol, it  wasn't until I listened to Denis (promoting tweak-d) that I realized I should try the dry hair method when I cleansed my hair!!! lol, live and learn!!! Smiley Wink

I'm glad that you're a fan of the bamboo water in the Restorative line (BGT & MIF) too!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff wrote:

yisbuff, I just stumbled over this new method so I don't know, but I would think that it would work for every Wen CC. I just happened to use the MIF to try out my latest experiment. 

As I mentioned in my original post, I think that MIF may well be the best CC for my thin/fine porous hair but it's too soon to know for sure. I'll be experimenting with my other CCs over the next few months to figure out what works best. 

For Wenners who don't have healthy hair (chemical damage or thin/fine hair), I think the CC lines that have amino acids and/or bamboo water/extract may give the best results. I'd guess that priming hair with those CCs would allow the hair a greater opportunity to absorb those ingredients. -- Otherwise, for the perspective of getting more moisture into your hair, I think the various CCs would probably work equally well. 

Of course, I'm not a professional hair stylist or chemist, so these are just my own observations...

-- bebe, a Wen girl with bouncy Wen model hair Smiley Wink

Hi bebe! Thank makes sense to me. I also have fine hair for sure. I would say I have a medium amount of it, but I'm certainly not lucky like the women who have hair to spare. Based on what I have tried at this point these rice treatment formulas are the BEST for my hair. Since committing to when I find that my hair is the best it has ever been. Sometimes I fool myself into thinking I have a lot of hair because it does feel so full and bouncy! Yesterday I had a head full of ringlets - actual ringlets! - with just Wen CC, SC, and a little time with a diffuser. WOO! So, I'm committed to the rice formulas. I will play with others too for experimentation, but I can't imagine not always having these as my go-tos.