WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen mousse? Do I need it?

[ Edited ]

Joanne 7.jpg

I've been a devoted Wen user for 8+ years now and I really only use just the different CC's because I get the desired results/fullness without anything else.  However, I'm curious to try the mousse.  Can the mousse actually take me to another level?  I'm tempted to try - just for the sake of trying.  I've read the reviews. 

Can any Wen Mousse ladies comment?

(hair type:  straight/thick)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen mousse? Do I need it?

Choice is up to you, but just wanted to let you know I wasted most of a 7.5oz bottle of 613 mousse by following advise found here.

Posters and reviewers were using a pump or two, when one day on air Chaz mentioned Benjamin Buttons had 30 or 40 pumps in her hair.  What!!??

So I tried 5, then 8...

The day I tried 10 pumps is the first day I could see the mouse making any difference in my hair.

I like the mouse and it helps me combat frizz in damp weather. I used 15 or 20 pumps before being out in a light snowfall. Came in and didn't touch it. Simply let it air dry and was amazed there was no frizz afterward.

Also, it has that 'memory' making it easy to restyle hair after being out on a windy day.

I frequently add the mousse, SC etc to dry hair, which works for my texture and thickness.   

Best to you!

@San Antonio Gal    

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I’m a 5 year WEN girl, with fine, thin straight hair. My hairdresser says I have a lot hair, it’s just fine, I have a hard time believing her, lol. The mousse makes my hair fuller, a lot fuller. I air dry and for my hair, the mousse results are night and day, thin or full. 

I agree the key to using the mousse (like most of the WEN products) is to use A LOT of it. A couple pumps won’t give you good results. When my hair was bra strap length I used 15-20 pumps. Now my hair is shoulder length and I’m using about 10 pumps. 

I say try it! It’s a game changer!!

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

WOW! That’s a great mousse story! I normally use 6(ish) pumps, but I’m going for 10 tomorrow. Perhaps I should get the FFA Mousse trio today since there is free shipping! 😀

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

With these great mousse stories I think you should go for it! Besides, tomorrow is your birthday & a mousse trio would make a great present. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!🎉🎈🎁🎂🎊🤙😎🌴🥥

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Hi San Antonio Gal!  WOW!  Your hair is lovely!   YES!  I believe it CAN!  I just tried the new Melon Mint Mousse and my hair is so full and bouncy.  Actually I don't look for fullness but this one makes is FULL and so alive.  Your hair is lovely and shiny but even though I'm thrilled with Wen and this Aug. I'll be a ten year Wen girl, I try EVERY new thing Chaz makes and my hair gets better even though I think it just can't get any better!  Your hair looks like it has movement and shine.  In fact mine is like yours but mine is platinum but not by choice.  I don't wear a deep side part, only sometimes.  I jumped in with both feet.  I use the mousse BEFORE my styling creme.  It's just preference.  I found different mousses are more concentrated than others.  The Pear gave me more softness but not as much fullness which I was going for.  The Bella is VERY concentrated for me and I use around five or six pumps.  This new Melon Mint, I used around 10 pumps and WOW!  My hair is like "doll hair".  Anyway, the mousse is so gentle, I think.  I would say why not try it!  I have so many, seasonal ones, 613, 319.  I think it's only the token seasonal one I don't have like Orange Blossom but not because I don't like that one, I just didn't catch it.  I always use mousse AND I use it on dry hair.  I take one or two pumps and run it through my freshly dried hair.  REALLY bumps it up.

Thank you for posting and again, your hair looks lovely.  Love the color too.  I found that the raking motion with ALL Wen is KEY.  It gets it absorbed in the hair. 

I feel there's really nothing to lose.  Anything you don't like you can always return. 

Respected Contributor

Woops!  Sorry to post twice, really didn't mean to but what Hedge said is TRUE!  It does have memory just like Hedge's post said!!!!  I forgot to mention that!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My hair is shoulder length again and I never use less than 10 pumps. After I cut my hair off, I grew in much thicker. I've been thinking about going to 15 pumps. I also saw when Chaz was experimenting with 20 pumps or so with short short hair in his salon. So that's when I got a lot less afraid to get liberal with it. You can't put too much, I think. Nothing bad happens. You just have to find your sweet spot.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012