WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - most moisturizing Wen Cleansing Conditioners

For me, mif and ff are the most moisturizing. The combo of ff for first cleanse and wvm for second is my holy grail for moisture. Or ff first pom remoist second. I also use more rtm and oil in winter as well as using pom remoist as a leave in.
Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@bebe777, I use the loc method to keep my hair moisturized.

L~ liquid (water or something water based), to hydrate the hair 

O~ oil, to seal in moisture and keep extra moisture out. (too much moisture can make the hair shaft swell)

C~ cream, to close the cuticle in order to prevent moisture loss.

Applying my leave in to soaking wet hair, makes all the difference for my particular hair type/texture.

My hair is very thick, coarse and the porosity level is very low.

I also use the LOC method. I guess I really use a L*OC method, because I use my Curl Keeper in between my L and my O. Smiley Happy

I currently use:

L: WEN as my leave-in

*: Curl Keeper, by Curly Hair Solutions

O: WEN oil. I like to use my Summer Mango Coconut oil because it goes well with...

C: Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, by Shea Moisture

It works really well to keep my hair hydrated AND prevent frizz.

As for moisturizing cleansers, I use 613 more often in winter. I also use Fig, Winter Cranberry Mint, and Winter White Citrus in the winter. The rice-based cleansers seem to leave my hair dry. Bamboo Green Tea is the worst offender and Mandarin Italian Fig is better, but still leaves me dry. My hair is dry all year, not just in the winter, so I need some heavy-duty moisture.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Thia Winter wrote:
For me, mif and ff are the most moisturizing. The combo of ff for first cleanse and wvm for second is my holy grail for moisture. Or ff first pom remoist second. I also use more rtm and oil in winter as well as using pom remoist as a leave in.

@Thia-Winter  I still haven't ordered ff but definitely plan on ordering it soon.  Good to know that it is very moisturizing.  Although for me I found that I don't always need the extra moisture.  

I find SHP to be very mosturizing and also love the scent.    Although, even SHP can sometimes be too moisturizing for me.   

Honored Contributor

@Thia Winter wrote:
For me, mif and ff are the most moisturizing. The combo of ff for first cleanse and wvm for second is my holy grail for moisture. Or ff first pom remoist second. I also use more rtm and oil in winter as well as using pomremoist as a leave in.

@Thia-Winter, thanks for mentioning this. Recently I've found that I can add a very tiny bit of Treatment oil -- what's left on my hands after I put the oil on my face -- and rake it through the bottom part of my hair (below the scalp line). 

Generally speaking, the Replenishing Treatment MIsts (RTM) have been too heavy for my hair, but maybe (as with the oil) a little RTM will work this time of year. 

During Chaz's last visit I noticed that  when he sprayed the RTM the model's hair, that he kept the RTM bottle 12-18 inches away from the top of her hair -- where it's more likely to get oilier -- and he just let the RTM spray gently fall into her hair. Since my hair is naturally on  the oily side, I'm wondering if this method might give me better results. 

Additionally, I think I'm going to experiment with first just adding a bit of RTM to the hair that is below my scalp line.

Since I'm snowed in for the weekend and have nowhere to go, lol, this may be the perfect time for some Wexperimenting. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

The most moisturizing for me are MIF, FTP, FAS, and now that I have tried SHP during the winter, I think it is quite moisturizing as well. 

Valued Contributor

@susan I can't do the SHP due to allergies. Which makes me sad. I can use it in the sc though, since I keep it off my scalp.

@BEBE that ia a great idea, you could spray up into the air and walk through it. I do something similar when I'm setting my makeup.