WEN

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wen - most moisturizing Wen Cleansing Conditioners

[ Edited ]

The winter cold is finally here as is the hot forced air in our homes that dries out our hair. So I thought this would the perfect time to talk about which Wen CCs everyone thinks are the most moisturizing.

If there is anything else you do to help protect your wenderful hair from the harsh winter conditions, feel free to share that as well. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - most moisturizing Wen Cleansing Conditioners

[ Edited ]

I have easily damaged, very porous, baby fine hair that doesn't find the winter months very friendly to it. 

I've tried all of the Wen CCs except for Wen Men, Wen Kids Apple, Wen Kids Strawberry-Banana and Spring Honey Lilac, and so that's what I've tried. 

__

I have fallen hard for the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and the new Fragrance Free (FF) CCs, which are both in the rice-based, bamboo water infused Restorative line. -- These two CCs give my hair much needed added moisture, while also giving my hair added strength and resilience. These two formulas are virtually identical except that the MIF also has Green Tea Extract and added fragrance in its ingredient deck. 

While I love the scent of the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), which is also in the Restorative line, it just doesn't give me that added boost of moisture... probably because there are a number of differences between the BGT formula and either the MIF or the FF formula.

__ 

Just about everyone seems to agree that FIG is the most moisturizing. Unfortunately, I can't use FIG because FIG (and also Sweet Almond Mint) actually leak out of my very porous, baby fine hair within a day after I cleanse my hair. 

I've wondered if anyone finds Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) to be particularly moisturizing, since that formula also leaks out of my hair.

Other formulas which I think Wenners have said are more moisturizing would include: 

* Summer Honey Peach (SHP) -- it's the only Seasonal w/ the 4-Honey complex

* Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) 

* Fall Apple Spice (FAS)

* Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) 

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) -- I think??

* Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP) 

I've tried to list them in roughly the order of what I think people felt were the most moisturizing... but this is just from what I remember, and I could be way off here. -- I'm not sure of where MIF and FF are on this spectrum.

__

Lavender is the only CC that is drying for my hair... and it's such a shame because Chaz uses top quality lavender from the south of France and it smells wenderful!! Smiley Happy

With the exception of Lavender, all of the other formulas I have tried -- Seasonals, 613, Wen Kids, and Classics -- give me the same amount of moisture. It's not that these formulas are not moisturizing, it's that MIF and FF provide much needed extra moisture. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I find FIG and MIF to be most moisturizing. SHP too. 

Also taking bath, instead of a shower. Even when I don't have a lot of a time, I still take bath these days. I started, because with a cold front it was cold here.

Bath warmed me up. But because I use Beekman Pure Goat Milk soap bars, and also, of course WEN, I noticed three beneficial things going on for me:

1) I have all that goodness of Beekman goat milk soap and Wen CC in my bath water, and it leaves my skin calm and moist afterwards - I don't use any body lotions these days at all.

2) Can keep Wen CC on my hair much longer, in comfort and pleasure of total relaxation, while lying down. Keeping Wen CC for a longer period of time, helps it to penetrate deeper, absorb and moisturize my hair better.

3) I LOVE washing Wen OFF in a tub! It so quick and easy!!

I dunk my head in water, use my hands to move hair around - bathtub gets filled with Wen goodness, and I lay there just a little longer, then move closer to a faucet. Powerful faucet water stream (better than from shower head) quickly removes remaining Wen, and it comes off in seconds. Then I either have quick shower rinse, or not.

I come out very cleansed, moisturized, warm, and rested. Love bathing with Wen!

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777, I use the loc method to keep my hair moisturized.

L~ liquid (water or something water based), to hydrate the hair 

O~ oil, to seal in moisture and keep extra moisture out. (too much moisture can make the hair shaft swell)

C~ cream, to close the cuticle in order to prevent moisture loss.

Applying my leave in to soaking wet hair, makes all the difference for my particular hair type/texture.

My hair is very thick, coarse and the porosity level is very low.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

FTP is very moisturizing on my fine hair. 

Respected Contributor

For me, FIG and SMC are the most moisturizing. Aside from SHP and LAV I don't find any of the Wen formulas particularly drying but in the winter months my hair definitely loves FIG and SMC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember, there are alot of ones I have not tried but based on reviews and ingredients, I don't think any of the ones I've passed up will be more moisturizing than the ones I've tried.

SHP is the most moisturizing for me. Fig is also moisturizing but in a different way. I prefer the results of the SHP the best between the two and SHP has a way of being moisturizing AND providing volume. Go figure! Sometimes Fig can weigh my hair down and make it look greasy whereas I've never had that issue with SHP.

I also find SMC to be moisturizing and, to a lesser degree, SHL.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been doing weekly remoist treatments religiously and I've also went back to adding 613 in my second cleanse.  I also increase my oil treatments in Winter since I'm not out much.  I also found FTP to be moisturizing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the cores, POM. Fig may be more so, but I can't stand the smell--even mixed!

In the Seasonals, SHP, FTP, WWC and SHL...and the only one of the seasonals I HAVEN'T tried is SCLV.

In the Rice, MIF hands down! BGT is OK, but MIF is better, IMO.

Honored Contributor

For me FIG is good, but I have pretty much moved to SHP and MIF for moisture.  SHP mixed with BGT is a fabulous scent!

Having just recently discovered WVM I must say that for me it also has the moisture & volume HD mentioned with SHP.

I use 1 pump of 613 320z. in 1st cleanse & 1 pump of same in 2nd cleanse no matter what CC I use.  This gives me the benefit of 613 W/O overload. As a vegetarian might just need more protein than some.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras