WEN

Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 702
Registered: ‎11-01-2013

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

  1. @AKgirl2 wrote:

    Her (Joanne) hair looks so clean, shiny and full!  This is something I don't see with (all) the Wen model's hair.  


What are you talking about?🤔  All the WEN models have gorgeous hair!  They wouldn't be WEN models if they didn't. Lol


@AmericanBulldogMomI totally agree with you.  I envy the hair on the WEN models - all of them have spectacular hair!  One of them (I forget her name) has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen - it's very long and she braids it at night to have gorgeous waves in the morning.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,458
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Her (Joanne) hair looks so clean, shiny and full!  This is something I don't see with (all) the Wen model's hair.  


I think her hairstyle looks  old fashioned.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,458
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

  1. @AKgirl2 wrote:

    Her (Joanne) hair looks so clean, shiny and full!  This is something I don't see with (all) the Wen model's hair.  


What are you talking about?🤔  All the WEN models have gorgeous hair!  They wouldn't be WEN models if they didn't. Lol


@AmericanBulldogMomI totally agree with you.  I envy the hair on the WEN models - all of them have spectacular hair!  One of them (I forget her name) has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen - it's very long and she braids it at night to have gorgeous waves in the morning.


@qtrmoonlady1, I believe you're referring to Tracy. She's the natural redhead with really thick and long hair.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,149
Registered: ‎04-02-2014

Why would anyone who uses Wen go back to using a shampoo product?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,835
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Maybe her hair was not doing well on wen and she wanted to shampoo her scalp.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,074
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

Re: Wen model Jo Anne

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

About a month or so ago she went back to NC. Its for the $. Wouldn't be surprised though if her shower is still full of WEN along with still using the NBT on her neck, body, etc. She admitted to using WEN while being a NC model in the past, probably safe to say thats what she's still doing, she's just after $ NC promised her to come back. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMom Just curious......I thought the models were paid thru their modeling contract with QVC, which I understand uses outside agencies. Could be wrong on that. I didn't know that the various vendors directly paid the models.

When I heard she went back to NC, I just figured it was because she was not getting as much "face" time on Chaz's presentations. I would see her in the chair waiting for Chaz to say something about her hair as he walked by, but many times it seemed to me that he didn't spend all that much with her because the host would have him move along. I don't believe it was intentional, just the nature of working against the clock.

 

In regards to someone mentioning how full her hair is with NC, I feel that has to do with the fact that NC sprays what seems to me to be a ridiculously high amount of hairspray in each of his model's hair. Any time I happen to walk by the TV when he is on, it seems he is using a whole can of spray to get the effect he wants. It makes me want to hold my breath until I leave the room. ha! Whereas Chaz goes more for the natural look. 

 

When I went to his salon and he cut my hair last March, one of the things I mentioned to him was that he didn't put a whole lot of volumizing mist on my hair and I was afraid it may get easily messed up (was a windy day and I like to drive with my car windows down). He really didn't want to put any more on my hair, but he did a tad more just to make me happy. Then he showed me how to apply it (distance from hair, wait a couple of minutes, then lightly mist it again; and if I really, really want more, then wait a couple of more minutes and lightly mist it once more). He was very particular about how much/little I use.

 

Just received his Light Restorative Finishing Treatment Spray from his website today, so am anxious to use it tomorrow.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,164
Registered: ‎09-25-2016

@World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

About a month or so ago she went back to NC. Its for the $. Wouldn't be surprised though if her shower is still full of WEN along with still using the NBT on her neck, body, etc. She admitted to using WEN while being a NC model in the past, probably safe to say thats what she's still doing, she's just after $ NC promised her to come back. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMom Just curious......I thought the models were paid thru their modeling contract with QVC, which I understand uses outside agencies. Could be wrong on that. I didn't know that the various vendors directly paid the models.

When I heard she went back to NC, I just figured it was because she was not getting as much "face" time on Chaz's presentations. I would see her in the chair waiting for Chaz to say something about her hair as he walked by, but many times it seemed to me that he didn't spend all that much with her because the host would have him move along. I don't believe it was intentional, just the nature of working against the clock.

 

In regards to someone mentioning how full her hair is with NC, I feel that has to do with the fact that NC sprays what seems to me to be a ridiculously high amount of hairspray in each of his model's hair. Any time I happen to walk by the TV when he is on, it seems he is using a whole can of spray to get the effect he wants. It makes me want to hold my breath until I leave the room. ha! Whereas Chaz goes more for the natural look. 

 

When I went to his salon and he cut my hair last March, one of the things I mentioned to him was that he didn't put a whole lot of volumizing mist on my hair and I was afraid it may get easily messed up (was a windy day and I like to drive with my car windows down). He really didn't want to put any more on my hair, but he did a tad more just to make me happy. Then he showed me how to apply it (distance from hair, wait a couple of minutes, then lightly mist it again; and if I really, really want more, then wait a couple of more minutes and lightly mist it once more). He was very particular about how much/little I use.

 

Just received his Light texturizing spray from his website today, so am anxious to use it tomorrow.


@World Traveler  I was just relaying what was said on Periscope. When Joanne asked Chaz if she could be one of his model's I would have figured her agency had to okay it. I would also figure NC offered more air time which in turn meant more $. But again, I am just passing along what was said. 

 

I ordered the new Light Spray also, but it won't be here until Tues. Please  let us know how it is. The VTM was always too heavy/stiff for my taste. I like a lighter fast-drying hair spray. This sounded like it would be perfect. Hoping so. Excited to hear your review. It wilk be the first. 😉

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,503
Registered: ‎04-15-2012

people are always trying to spin something negative here like who cares.  She is a beautiful woman with a gig so why not respect her choices and not try to analyze them or make someone feel like she had to explain everything because of the 'innuendoes'.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,074
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

Re: Wen model Jo Anne

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

About a month or so ago she went back to NC. Its for the $. Wouldn't be surprised though if her shower is still full of WEN along with still using the NBT on her neck, body, etc. She admitted to using WEN while being a NC model in the past, probably safe to say thats what she's still doing, she's just after $ NC promised her to come back. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMom Just curious......I thought the models were paid thru their modeling contract with QVC, which I understand uses outside agencies. Could be wrong on that. I didn't know that the various vendors directly paid the models.


@World Traveler  I was just relaying what was said on Periscope. When Joanne asked Chaz if she could be one of his model's I would have figured her agency had to okay it. I would also figure NC offered more air time which in turn meant more $. But again, I am just passing along what was said. 

 

I ordered the new Light Spray also, but it won't be here until Tues. Please  let us know how it is. The VTM was always too heavy/stiff for my taste. I like a lighter fast-drying hair spray. This sounded like it would be perfect. Hoping so. Excited to hear your review. It wilk be the first. 😉


@AmericanBulldogMom  Periscope, okay, got it. Smiley Happy I stopped watching his Periscope, because it was getting too time consuming for me; but when I did, I learned a lot about how to use the products. And I agree with you...she is probably getting more air time with NC. 

 

Yes, I used the Light mist today and LOVE IT!!!! Although the volumizing mist worked well for me, I had to use it, wait a little, use it again, etc. But with the Light mist, it is just once and that's all I need. I get the hold I need/want, but it doesn't feel like a helmet! ha!

 

And, of course, I really like the Light smell. I have the parfum and use it regularly; also have the Light cream and like it as well. So for me, this is just another way to layer the fragrance. I believe he said he was going to produce the Light in CC, and perhaps he will do Light in the SC and other ancillary products. I hope so!

 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if he uses the volumizing mist or the Light Mist on my hair when I go back in the Spring for a haircut.

 

By the way, the Light mist is 10 ounces and is a very slim, tall cannister. It is very nice looking in my bathroom.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 702
Registered: ‎11-01-2013

@World Traveler So glad you love the Light hair spray!  Mine is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday and i can't wait to use it.  I love the Light fragrance, also. Smiley Happy