WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - just for fun, how many CCs do you have open?

I wash my hair in the kitchen sink because the water pressure in my shower isn't strong enough to rinse my hair thoroughly, so here are the CC's open by my sink:

a gallon of FIG

a gallon of TT

a gallon of HP

a gallon of MIF

On a nearby table - 32 oz bottles of:

PJP

MenWen

SCLV

SOB

SHL

SMC

FVWP

FAS

FGP

Tuscan Pear

LAV

Wen Kids Strawberry Banana

Some of these I won't be buying again, like PJP,  SOB and FGP, because while they are nice, they aren't the best formulas for me and I'm using them up.  I only use LAV when I wear my hair up, to give it some extra volume.

I also have an open bottle of CA that I only use the night before I color my hair..

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Oh, I have about 12-13. I just counted them on my fingers, and afraid I missed one or two......

I am absolutely NOT proud of this, and this should stop. I still give myself some slack on that I am somewhat "new" to WEN, i.e. many of these opened bottles are still from my first "trial" year, and I have last Spring SGGT, SOB, SHL, Summer SHP.....

I also have opened those that are my staples  - TT, Rice Restorative, both 613/319....

I like 32 oz bottles the best, and THIS is too much of opened cleanser. Too many.

What am I to do? THIS definitely needs to STOP! I want to have like at max 5-6 opened, and maybe later on - 3-4 only. No more "newbie" excuses for me, going into second WEN year! Grow up, Sonechko! Smiley Happy

A question ladies. Should I temporarily cleanse my hair like almost everyday to get rid of them opened bottles? I actually would like to do this - I like WEN cleansing.

But I am really afraid - will cleansing often damage my hair? My hair is getting longer, stronger and more resilient, I so do NOT want to damage it! Help, please......

I cleanse daily. My hair is healthy. Chaz always says the more you cleanse, the more treaTment your hair is getting, but obviously you don't need to cleanse daily if your hair stays clean. I could get away with cleansing every other day, but I prefer cleansing daily because I prefer a fresh start everyday. I also love to cleanse. It's therapeutic for me.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

I wash my hair in the kitchen sink because the water pressure in my shower isn't strong enough to rinse my hair thoroughly, so here are the CC's open by my sink:

a gallon of FIG

a gallon of TT

a gallon of HP

a gallon of MIF

On a nearby table - 32 oz bottles of:

PJP

MenWen

SCLV

SOB

SHL

SMC

FVWP

FAS

FGP

Tuscan Pear

LAV

Wen Kids Strawberry Banana

Some of these I won't be buying again, like PJP,  SOB and FGP, because while they are nice, they aren't the best formulas for me and I'm using them up.  I only use LAV when I wear my hair up, to give it some extra volume.

I also have an open bottle of CA that I only use the night before I color my hair..

* bebe777 high fives @qtrmoonlady1 * Smiley Happy

@qtrmoonlady1, you're a wen girl after my own heart. You're at 18 and I'm at 21. Smiley Happy The only difference it that most of my bottles are the 16oz size. 

There are also a few that I won't be buying again including the Pink Jasmine Peony (I'm not a rose scent fan) and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (lo, just where was the verbena hiding??? ). Smiley Happy

But, in general, I love having the option to choose the scent (usualy Seasonal) of the moment for my second cleanse. First cleanse is usually Mandarin Italian FIg (MIF) or 319. If I'm traveling my first cleanse is sometimes Tea Tree (TT) if I'm not carrying my Wen TT Oil for overnight treatments (to keep my oily scalp at bay). Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 It's so great we have such a selection to choose from!  I always combine FIG with another CC for 1st Cleanse, and now the FVWP, FAS or SHP combined with another seasonal for 2nd cleanse.  And I'm sure we'll soon be adding the Red Currant  to our stashes. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Hmmm, let's see:

1 - 32 oz tea tree

1 - gal Pom

1 - 16 oz SMC

1 - 16 oz FWVP

1 - 32 oz FGP

1 - 32 oz 319

1- 32 oz WVM

1 - 32 oz FTP

Hmmmm, I think that's it 

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

lol, I thought it might be fun to share this. -- The Wen Abbreviations Glossary will help you decode the individual formula names. Smiley Wink

Here are the 22 different Wen CCs that I have open and am using:

* all 12 Seasonals 

* Pink Jasmine Peony

* 613   (still haven't opened up 319 yet, @HSB1204)

* all three Restoratives 

* Wen Men 

* 3 of the Classics -- Tea Tree, Cucumber Aloe, and Pomegranate 

* Wen Kids Apple 

The Pink Jasmine Peony, the Classics and the Wen Kids Apple are the ones that I am just using up but won't reorder. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - periscope - Wen June Chat - InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- Wen daily schedule on QVC - June 2016

@Hot2, lol, this is what I was talking about. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

My biggest problem is the "bottomfulls" in the bottles.  I have no room in the shower because I refuse to toss them because of that, yet I still haven't turned the things upside-down to use them up! SO, I have multiples of Fig and TT from being in a rush, as well as two gallons I need to drain!

OK, I counted real quick and have:

2 gallons Fig and Lavender (latter was an oops!)

15 bottles 32 oz

8   bottles 16 oz

The last new thing I purchased was PJ when it first came out and haven't ordered a new CC aside of that (though the newer ones work best for me) since SHP and SL, it's been a long time of using mostly Fig, TT, and adding what doesn't work for me alone into my first cleanse with what does work for me, mostly Fig, TT, and some 319.  I still get styling creams and my main CCs, just am waiting to get through older CCs before trying newer ones if that makes sense!

Respected Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

My biggest problem is the "bottomfulls" in the bottles.  I have no room in the shower because I refuse to toss them because of that, yet I still haven't turned the things upside-down to use them up! SO, I have multiples of Fig and TT from being in a rush, as well as two gallons I need to drain!

OK, I counted real quick and have:

2 gallons Fig and Lavender (latter was an oops!)

15 bottles 32 oz

8   bottles 16 oz

The last new thing I purchased was PJ when it first came out and haven't ordered a new CC aside of that (though the newer ones work best for me) since SHP and SL, it's been a long time of using mostly Fig, TT, and adding what doesn't work for me alone into my first cleanse with what does work for me, mostly Fig, TT, and some 319.  I still get styling creams and my main CCs, just am waiting to get through older CCs before trying newer ones if that makes sense!

@Katmary  If you have multiple CC bottles that are the same formula, why not combine them into one bottle? It sounds like that may eliminate quite a few bottles for you.

Trusted Contributor

Currently, I have the following open to use:

1 16 oz FVWP

1 32 oz FTP

1 32 oz FIG

1 32 oz TT

1 32 oz Wen Men (hubby)

1 gallon 319

Because I had to open and smell them:

1 16 oz PJP

1 16 oz WRC

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

I have been trying to use up what I have so definitely have less open bottles: 

I also have open bottles of seasonals that I  may use again before the season begins, especially SHP 

613 16 oz. 

319 32 oz. and 319 16 oz.

TT   16 oz  and TT 32 oz, (I transfer 32 oz into smaller bottles) 

SHP 32 oz and 16 oz. 

FTP 16 oz. 

WWC 16 oz. 

WCM 16 oz. 

WRC 16 oz. 

BGT 32 oz and 16 oz. 

FF 16 oz.

MIF 16 oz.