WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen - just for fun, how many CCs do you have open?

Oh, I have about 12-13. I just counted them on my fingers, and afraid I missed one or two......

I am absolutely NOT proud of this, and this should stop. I still give myself some slack on that I am somewhat "new" to WEN, i.e. many of these opened bottles are still from my first "trial" year, and I have last Spring SGGT, SOB, SHL, Summer SHP.....

I also have opened those that are my staples  - TT, Rice Restorative, both 613/319....

I like 32 oz bottles the best, and THIS is too much of opened cleanser. Too many.

What am I to do? THIS definitely needs to STOP! I want to have like at max 5-6 opened, and maybe later on - 3-4 only. No more "newbie" excuses for me, going into second WEN year! Grow up, Sonechko! Smiley Happy

A question ladies. Should I temporarily cleanse my hair like almost everyday to get rid of them opened bottles? I actually would like to do this - I like WEN cleansing.

But I am really afraid - will cleansing often damage my hair? My hair is getting longer, stronger and more resilient, I so do NOT want to damage it! Help, please......

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Oh, I have about 12-13. I just counted them on my fingers, and afraid I missed one or two......

I am absolutely NOT proud of this, and this should stop. I still give myself some slack on that I am somewhat "new" to WEN, i.e. many of these opened bottles are still from my first "trial" year, and I have last Spring SGGT, SOB, SHL, Summer SHP.....

I also have opened those that are my staples  - TT, Rice Restorative, both 613/319....

I like 32 oz bottles the best, and THIS is too much of opened cleanser. Too many.

What am I to do? THIS definitely needs to STOP! I want to have like at max 5-6 opened, and maybe later on - 3-4 only. No more "newbie" excuses for me, going into second WEN year! Grow up, Sonechko! Smiley Happy

A question ladies. Should I temporarily cleanse my hair like almost everyday to get rid of them opened bottles? I actually would like to do this - I like WEN cleansing.

But I am really afraid - will cleansing often damage my hair? My hair is getting longer, stronger and more resilient, I so do NOT want to damage it! Help, please......

@sonechko Chaz says cleansing daily will not hurt your hair.  In fact, I believe he says the opposite. The only reason I think it could be damaging is if cleansing every day means you would use heat tools more often (although I do cleanse and use heat daily). 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

I love this thread!!!!

I currently have SAM, Kids Apple, SHP and just opened CLV, SCM, LAV, and TT Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I only have a few open: 

Tea Tree

Summer Honey Peach

BGT

FF

SCLV 

I use the seasonals mostly during their seasons and haven't used SAM or POM for a while.  

My unopened stash consists of FTP, SHP, SCLV, SOB, 613, TT, BGT and CA in various sizes and have more than one in some of these formulas.  Although, I definitely don't have a stash like some Wenners do since I always try not to overbuy.   

Valued Contributor

@sonechko Chaz says it's fine to cleanse more often. I tried for years to stretch my washes and I find I want to wash more often with wen. I usually only cleanse two or three times a week though.

I hear you on the open bottles. Eventually I want to keep onhand the 319, ff rice, wvm and smc (maybe a new seasonal also) and that's it. They all work well for me and don't bother my sensitivities. And if I can get matching fragrances in stylers all the better. And edp.

Admittedly though, I use my wen head to toe for everything. Even skincare and shaving. So what I have will be used up.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @BExplorer! I remember Him say that... when it comes to my own hair which was so very week and thinned out and broke off easily, I could not even have it pass chin length..... Now it's stronger, but I am afraid not to do any damage, does not matter what anyone says, I still do not know how my hair will take too much cleansing.

But you are right - WEN is not just a CLEANSER, it is also - a TREATMENT!

So this is what I'll be doing starting tomorrow morning - I'll treat my hair with WEN! I'll also put a ton of SC and Moussie on it too protect it from ANYTHING. Just in case. Cat Happy

And no! No heating tools for me, I use a blow dryer lightly and just a little bit and once in a blue moon only. Air dry, or air dry with WEN brushes sticking in my hair.

Valued Contributor

@sonechko look at it this way....you're not damaging with shampoo you're cleansing gently
Esteemed Contributor

@peanutjk wrote:

I love this thread!!!!

I currently have SAM, Kids Apple, SHP and just opened CLV, SCM, LAV, and TT Smiley Happy

You have a perfect number of opened CCs, @peanutjk - you have 7! Seven is a lucky number, and this is what I'd love to have opened too - 7.

Esteemed Contributor

Lol @bebe777. Why do I feel this is a loaded question?  I'll say 10, two are open but not in use. And if you count my BCC & BL that would be 12

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Thanks @BExplorer! I remember Him say that... when it comes to my own hair which was so very week and thinned out and broke off easily, I could not even have it pass chin length..... Now it's stronger, but I am afraid not to do any damage, does not matter what anyone says, I still do not know how my hair will take too much cleansing.

But you are right - WEN is not just a CLEANSER, it is also - a TREATMENT!

So this is what I'll be doing starting tomorrow morning - I'll treat my hair with WEN! I'll also put a ton of SC and Moussie on it too protect it from ANYTHING. Just in case. Cat Happy

And no! No heating tools for me, I use a blow dryer lightly and just a little bit and once in a blue moon only. Air dry, or air dry with WEN brushes sticking in my hair.

I do understand your apprehension since you now have healthy WEN hair, but as you and @Thia-Winter say, cleansing is actually treating your hair!  Can you tell me more about air drying with the WEN brushes in your hair, or direct me to the thread in which you mentioned this @sonechko so I don't hi-jack this thread?  I remember you talking about it but tried to find it over the weekend but couldn't. TIA!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt