WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen isn't working for me.

I'm a no on Wen also.  It did a terrible job on my hair and for something that should be simple like washing your hair I'm not wasting time trying to make it work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I used plenty of water. Wen is just too complicated.Really don't get that so much product needs to be used. I did read the first thread when I asked about Wen and really thought I was using the product correctly. Thanks all of you, appreciate all the comments. I admit I'm not a patient person but like I say washing your hair shouldn't require a page of instructions on how to do it.

No, it shouldn't.

The only reason you're getting page-long instructions is because instead of simply going ahead and washing your hair with it, you posted asking to be advised first, about using WEN.

Our replies tend to be enthusiastic.

Fortunately, the shorter answer is not complicated at all.

Wash your hair following the instructions on the bottle.

If you have any questions email or call Chaz's customer service staff.

I think a simple two person conversation on the phone is often the best solution. Chaz's CS staff will be happy to answer all of your questions.

Respected Contributor

@NadineI think your frustration is that you are thinking of cleansing your hair as a "makeup" process, surface only results, completely temporary.  When using WEN, you are not doing "hair makeup", you are doing "hair care", like the difference between using a conceler to cover a dark spot or using a fading treatment to try to remove it.  You will not get immediate permanent results from one or two uses of WEN on your hair, or fading creme on an age spot on your hand.  Use a treatment product of any sort for a week or two, then you start to see results, but stop using any treatment of any sort, and whatever condition you are treating will revert to it's original state. 

One does not cure high blood pressure with one little pill taken once, you have to take that medicine every day, possibly for the rest of your life. 

If you want to see permanent results from WEN, you have to keep using it, tweaking your process until you get the best results, and over time, your hair will improve, your scalp will normalize, and you will be able to go longer between cleansings.

Something that you have not shared might be making quite a significant difference, too!  What formula are you using?  I can use almost any of the Classic formulas, but some work far better than others.  I like Tea Tree and Fig the best, Cucumber Aloe and Pomegranate work pretty well for me, but Sweet Almond Mint leaves my hair a little flat, and I am allergic to Lavender.  So you might just need to exchange the formula you are using for a different one.  If you visit Chaz's website he has a "formula finder" that might help you select one that will work better for you.  Something else to consider, before giving up entirely...

Trusted Contributor

you are all so sweet to try to help.

something I learned a long time ago on these boards.

it will not be worth your time. 

Super Contributor

@CamilleP. This is just the best advice. Well said. I’ve been using WEN for so many years I have lost track and I am still experimenting with it. That’s the fun of it. And when you find the right system that works, it’s well worth the effort and time.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I watched the presentation he said a golf ball size conditioner for each wash so that's how much I used, He said if I'm not mistaken that would be four pumps each time.. Any way another issue for me is I bathe, not shower so I'm washing my hair in the sink.

LIke some have said different people use it different ways to work for them. I did reallly appreciate the replies on my first question. Just haven't gotten the right amount etc that will work for me.I don't think I did one amount at the crown and one at the body . That could be part of the problem or maybe I shouldn't have gotten the lavender . I need to look at the different ones again.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Camille, I got the Lavender.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shouldn't have said it was too complicated, it really isn't once you figure out how much to

use. Again thanks for all the suggestions.They were all very helpful.

Respected Contributor

Oh, shoot, I can't help you with that one, @Nadine , I only used about a quarter of a bottle of it once and sent it back for exchange because I could tell how allergic to it I was.  I have really fine hair so I was hoping it would help on volume, but I never found out. 

I read another of your posts saying that you wash your hair in the sink because you bathe, not shower.  That means that you are not leaving the second cleanse in very long at all, I am guessing, because why would you stand there at the sink with your heal upside down for five minutes?  That's certainly going to affect your results. 

I wonder, do you have a shower/tub combination, like most bathtubs are made these days?  If so, could you start with a shower, do the first cleanse, rinse it out well, then put in the second cleanse and wrap your hair in a towel, run your bath, and bathe, then, when you are done and drain the tub, rinse out your second cleanse before you get out of the tub?  That will help normalize your scalp faster, as you will be moisturizing it for longer during that second cleanse, as well as conditioning your hair longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP 

Due to shoulder damage, I can't stand up and put both hands atop my head. So I wash my hair bent forward at the sink.

Very easy to pause on the 2nd cleanse, clip my hair up and turn the faucet off for a while.

In fact I often pause just before the 2nd rinse and add a scoop of Remoist, clip it up, and come back to the room later to rinse it out.