WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - is Chaz opening up a salon in NYC?

I thought I read a post in this forum a few days ago which mentioned that Chaz was looking for a salon location in NYC. I can't seem to find the post, so I was wondering if anyone knows any more about this? I know that a few years back he was thinking about opening up a NYC salon, but that he couldn't find an appropriate location. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: Wen - is Chaz opening up a salon in NYC?

Hello!  New to the boards, but lurking for a while and thank you for all your get tips and suggestions, you have been wonderful, with my introduction to WEN over 1 year ago!

When Chaz and Team WEN was in New York over 1 week ago on Periscope he brought us along on his location search for a New York City location.  He looked at several properties.  A day or 2 after searching on Periscope he had fun with us asking him and Team WEN questions.  One question was did you decide on property in New York and his response was.....YES he put an offer in.  Periscope is amazing and Chaz is so nice and humble!

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that is why is was mentioning Jeff Lewis - he did the renos at his CA salon and might be doing them for his NY salon - Welcome to the Wen board hockeymom5

New Contributor

Thanks so much Riley1

Contributor

Hi there, Chaz is opening up a flagship store in NYC. I caught him on Periscope and his team answered.

Valued Contributor

By flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon".
**Suz**
Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I believe that is why is was mentioning Jeff Lewis - he did the renos at his CA salon and might be doing them for his NY salon - Welcome to the Wen board hockeymom5

I haven't watched Flipping Out in several years. Honestly, until some posts on this board recently, I didn't realize it was still on the air. I recall thinking Jeff was funny and a good designer, but the very definition of high maintenance. Reminds me of the old Henley/Frey song (never recorded by them) "Too much drama, mama!" yellow lol emoticon

Honored Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:
By flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon".

Suz, thanks for the clarification. I was interested in getting one of Chaz's famous "air perms". oh well. In any case, it should be interesting to visit the store. -- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "air perm"? I don't think I've ever heard of this.
Honored Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "air perm"? I don't think I've ever heard of this.

Here's a video of Chaz doing an air perm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LY-c35u5w