WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen hair loss on Buzzfeed article

Its Buzzfeed a step above CNN and 10 below TMZ.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan25 wrote:

@littlepixie wrote:

So, my sister posted this article from Buzzfeed on my Facebook page and said something like if you are still using this, you should stop and I said this is nuts but my cousin who like just became a hairdresser (I think she got her license this year) starting commenting that Wen is bad and she is telling clients that use it to stop because it doesnt clean the hair shaft. What can I kindly say to educate her? or should I say nothing? I just dont want this negativity about Wen on my facebook page. 

@littlepixie   I don't understand why any hairdresser would be opposed to using Wen.  If she has never used it she really shouldn't be making any comments about Wen until she tries it.  She especially shouldn't be telling her clients not to use it.  Although, many hairdressers only want you to use the products that they sell.  Thankfully, I don't go to a hair salon that does this.  

Has your sister ever used Wen?  She also shouldn't be commenting on Wen unless she has tried it.  Maybe you should give her a small bottle of Wen as a gift during the holidays.  I bet this would change her opinion of Wen.  

I just ignore all of the negative articles that are always written about Wen.  I understand that Wen isn't for everyone but many who have adverse reactions to Wen are probably allergic to some of the ingredients.

Similar to any beauty products that you may use.  Some also can't use certain moisturizers since they maybe allergic to the ingredients.  

My SIL is a celeb hairstylist, has styled some very famous heads of hair (especially musicians), she is perfectly OK with me using WEN & her family. She has seen how much my hair has improved and totally onboard with me using it, she herself used it after she saw my results. There is no convincing some people, they would hate on it even if it worked for them and the people they know.

Esteemed Contributor

@littlepixie wrote:

So, my sister posted this article from Buzzfeed on my Facebook page and said something like if you are still using this, you should stop and I said this is nuts but my cousin who like just became a hairdresser (I think she got her license this year) starting commenting that Wen is bad and she is telling clients that use it to stop because it doesnt clean the hair shaft. What can I kindly say to educate her? or should I say nothing? I just dont want this negativity about Wen on my facebook page. 

"...but my cousin who like just became a hairdresser (I think she got her license this year) starting commenting that Wen is bad and she is telling clients that use it to stop because it doesnt clean the hair shaft."

Does an advise, coming from a rookie, even needs to be considered? Seriously, what can she possibly bring to the table? What experience does she have to back it up?

Chaz Dean has over 25 years in THIS business to back HIM up. His experience obviously, surpasses rookie's and by FAR.

Huge number of people are using his products, many exclusively and for many years. The waiting list is months and month long, just to get an appointment with Chaz in his salon.

Can someone guess - who's word to take?  Some rookie's, who got her license only like yesterday, or Chaz Dean?

Who has more clients among celebrities, as well as regular folk, waiting IN LINE for MONTHS just to get a cut or color, or advise from? Rookie, or Chaz Dean?

It's a fact - millions of people all over the world using a product, created by Chaz Dean.

And what a rookie created so far? Mixed a hair color, maybe. If they already trusting her with this much.

You are asking  @littlepixie, what can you kindly say to "educate her"? I'd think - nothing.

I believe, if someone this opinionated already, you can't "educate" them! She does not want to be educated - she knows it all already, Littlepixie. Unfortunately.

She knows how to put down another and his life time's work, but that's about all she knows.

The only useful thing you may say, Littlepixie, is advise her to get some learning, experience and knowledge before she opens her mouth telling clients anything.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Listen @littlepixie, Buzzfeed doesn't have a stellar reputation for hard hitting news lol.  Read the whole article and it presents both sides of the issue.  Anybody can sue for anything and this one sounds flimsy, seriously doubt Chaz has anything to be worried about.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Daily Mail has a story about this lawsuit today.  The photos show what look to me like the classic round bald spots of alopecia areata, from which I've suffered since 1987.  The dermatologist looked at my first bald spot the size of a quarter with a magnifying tool.  He said the look of the hair follicles was classic for the disease. 

No one knows exactly what causes this, but they say the growth cycle of the hair is disrupted, causing it to fall out in patches.  They used to say it was caused by stress, which I never believed because I saw no correlation.  Now they think it might be autoimmune.  Luckily, my occasional bald spots have almost always been small and hidden by the rest of my hair and start growing back in about three months.  No doctor has ever asked me about Wen or other hair products or warned me not to use them.

Why doesn't Chaz countersue?  I can't imagine that the plaintiffs' claims are backed up by any kind of proof.  In my reading about this, I've never come across anything that would give the tiniest bit of credence to these claims.  The lawyers suing Wen did say something about hundreds of others who would join the suit.  Are they just trying to make it worth Wen's while to settle? 

Honored Contributor

Just saw on my local news that there's an apparent laswsuit vs CD & WEN due to hair loss/falling out.

This is why I stopped using WEN.  Everytime I used it A LOT of hair came out in the rinse process.  Now that I switched to an OTC moraccan oil shampoo & cond I don't see the loss as I did with WEN.

Buyer beware.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi @littlepixie! I'm sorry you have to deal with that! My suggestion is that you just delete the link, and not address it online. If you speak with her you can just say that you have a different experience, and perhaps she could open her mind to the success stories as well. After that what else can you do? You can keep the peace, but you don't have to host her messages or opinions on your page.

The Wen Truthers are like any other crowd that thinks they know the deep, dark truth that The Powers That Be don't want you to know. When feelings are high it is much more tempting to believe online stories full of absolutes than to live in a nuanced world without absolute certainty.The reality is that not every product works for everyone, but all of them say basically if you have a problem discontinue use a see a doctor. Done.

What makes me sad is that it seems like people want to "prove" that Chaz isn't as good, caring, and invested in his community as he is. Chaz is about the furtherest thing from a Boogey Man out there. He isn't running an evil empire. He is a kind, sincere person who wants to do good in the world. His success in no way diminshes the success of any other person. I'd like to see more folks with his passion succeed.

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hi @littlepixie! I'm sorry you have to deal with that! My suggestion is that you just delete the link, and not address it online. If you speak with her you can just say that you have a different experience, and perhaps she could open her mind to the success stories as well. After that what else can you do? You can keep the peace, but you don't have to host her messages or opinions on your page.

The Wen Truthers are like any other crowd that thinks they know the deep, dark truth that The Powers That Be don't want you to know. When feelings are high it is much more tempting to believe online stories full of absolutes than to live in a nuanced world without absolute certainty.The reality is that not every product works for everyone, but all of them say basically if you have a problem discontinue use a see a doctor. Done.

What makes me sad is that it seems like people want to "prove" that Chaz isn't as good, caring, and invested in his community as he is. Chaz is about the furtherest thing from a Boogey Man out there. He isn't running an evil empire. He is a kind, sincere person who wants to do good in the world. His success in no way diminshes the success of any other person. I'd like to see more folks with his passion succeed.

THIS!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Noondelights, yes my hair is finally growing back in. my hairdresser said she could even tell.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

yes I completely agree with you, I just couldnt think of a nice way to say it so I said nothing. I didnt want to start trouble within the family. I just got so worked up that this cr!p was posted on my facebook page lol