WEN

Frequent Contributor

Wen hair loss on Buzzfeed article

So, my sister posted this article from Buzzfeed on my Facebook page and said something like if you are still using this, you should stop and I said this is nuts but my cousin who like just became a hairdresser (I think she got her license this year) starting commenting that Wen is bad and she is telling clients that use it to stop because it doesnt clean the hair shaft. What can I kindly say to educate her? or should I say nothing? I just dont want this negativity about Wen on my facebook page. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen hair loss on Buzzfeed article

I saw this on Buzzfeed, as well.

It's definitely gaining more & more attention.

Up to now, it's been 'backyard' publications/websites posting about the hair loss, so I was surprised to see it on Buzzfeed.

Frequent Contributor

I know Im so annoyed about it too! I dont know how to respond 

Respected Contributor

@littlepixie wrote:

So, my sister posted this article from Buzzfeed on my Facebook page and said something like if you are still using this, you should stop and I said this is nuts but my cousin who like just became a hairdresser (I think she got her license this year) starting commenting that Wen is bad and she is telling clients that use it to stop because it doesnt clean the hair shaft. What can I kindly say to educate her? or should I say nothing? I just dont want this negativity about Wen on my facebook page. 

@littlepixie   I don't understand why any hairdresser would be opposed to using Wen.  If she has never used it she really shouldn't be making any comments about Wen until she tries it.  She especially shouldn't be telling her clients not to use it.  Although, many hairdressers only want you to use the products that they sell.  Thankfully, I don't go to a hair salon that does this.  

Has your sister ever used Wen?  She also shouldn't be commenting on Wen unless she has tried it.  Maybe you should give her a small bottle of Wen as a gift during the holidays.  I bet this would change her opinion of Wen.  

I just ignore all of the negative articles that are always written about Wen.  I understand that Wen isn't for everyone but many who have adverse reactions to Wen are probably allergic to some of the ingredients.

Similar to any beauty products that you may use.  Some also can't use certain moisturizers since they maybe allergic to the ingredients.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "hair follicle suffocation" theory you speak of has absolutely no basis in medical or scientific fact.  Wen does not cause hair loss.

Honored Contributor

@littlepixieYou might refer people to Web MD's magazine article about cleansing conditions, but you should know there are some who probably shouldn't use them, so read the article before you refer them to it.

I think I read it in late October in my doctor's office copy.

Valued Contributor

On another note, I just caught a photo of myself from 2012 at my son's graduation. I was apalled! My hair was shorter than I remember it being (from breakage), thinner than I remember it being, and just a frizzy fried mess!

I started using WEN in December 2012, about 9 months after the photo. 

The difference is real and even though there might be a few people out there who have problems with it, and a bunch more who just prefer something else, the photos don't lie. 

Just don't fuel the fire and this "case" will be dealt with appropriately. We don't hear much about the numerous lawsuits against manufacturers of countless other personal care products because , why???  Because in the end, if the product gives a person a bad reaction, they should stop using it. Period. 

Frequent Contributor

I know, I couldnt believe it when she wrote that. She is very young (late 20s) and like JUST got her degree but still, Im pretty sure she never tried it so I just dont know. My sis does have a serious hair loss problem ever since giving birth to my niece almost 3 years ago but she never used or tried Wen although I did give her a bottle to try a few years ago because she has extesnstions and it may make them slide out or something. IDK lol. either way I couldnt believe a hairdresser would say that. Actually she just posted another related link to my page and Im just so annoyed cause she keeps saying that it doesnt clean the hair and leaves it dirty. 

QVC Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know or has anybody read anything saying that the women who had hair loss, once they stop using when did their hair start to grow back?

i'm curious if that's their prof that it was from Wen and not other factors.