WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - gallons - 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th

[ Edited ]

@aprimo wrote:

I'll take a look at it after dinner tonight Bebe. I think I get what you're asking, you're basically looking for an opportunity cost analysis. I should be able to put something together for you. (Didn't that make me sound smart? Woman Wink )

@aprimo , yup, that was really impressive... but, then, you already had me with the wenderful charts you've already created!! Smiley Wink

Thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Below you'll find the information which I've added to my initial post. It makes it clearer why you should purchase your BGT and MIF gallons as soon as they become available. The new information is in bold. -- Reading the June 2014 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread (message #6) should help illustrate the potential problem. -- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

In regard to the BGT and MIF gallons, Chaz also said "don't miss out because they're going to go so fast". It seems like people should purchase their BGT and MIF gallons early because he expects them to sell out quickly. 

It sounds as though he thinks that not enough of these gallons have been ordered. Maybe a conservative order was placed because there was not enough purchase history to place a larger order.

This made me think of the BGT gallons initial launch in June 2014. Not enough BGT gallons had been ordered and they initially went to "waitlist only" in less than two days on June 2nd (they were supposed to be available for the month of June). -- Chaz wound up bringing all of the BGT gallons which were for use in his salon to QVC. Even then, BGT gallons were completely gone by June 10th (when the BGT gallons item numbers were removed from the QVC system). The June 2014 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread (message #6) provides a day by day account of all the confusion that resulted from shortage of BGT gallons.

Because of their size, it takes a lot of lead time to manufacture Wen gallons. So once they sell out, there just isn't enough time to make more of them.

Chaz had previously mentioned that the MIF & BGT gallons would be available through the end of October, or until they run out.

Bottom line: order your BGT and MIF gallons on September 19th. Now is the time to plan out those purchasing decisions.

___

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have similar dilemma - like both MIF and BGT, more so - MIF, especially the fact that they contain bamboo water. And I plan to focus on and use them much more often, when I make a dent in my "other" multiple "try this, try that" seasonal 32 and 16 oz bottles, and use them up a little more. I was new to Wen and from November of last year, managed to accumulate quite a few Wen articles!

So a Gallon of MIF is realy enticing for me, but I do have both restorative CCs on AD from March TSV Kit still. The Kit contains 32 oz Restorative + SC and RTM +16 oz 613.

Can do without ancillary products from this Kit for awhile, of course, but 32 oz plus 16 oz totalling $78.40 with tax and shipping, and it's not bad for both.

It is hard for me to determine, if I should stick with these AD plans, or cancel and go for a Gallon? Well, what is the cost of gallon in restorative line may be?

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko  This is totally a guess, but I think the cost of the BGT/MIF gallons will be close to the cost of the seasonal gallons, $188.00. The 32 oz CCs of each formula are approximately the same price, so the gallon cost may be in line with that, as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777@aprimo - thank you for the info and charts. You gals do work hard to keep us informed.

Esteemed Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

@sonechko  This is totally a guess, but I think the cost of the BGT/MIF gallons will be close to the cost of the seasonal gallons, $188.00. The 32 oz CCs of each formula are approximately the same price, so the gallon cost may be in line with that, as well. 

Thanks DoxieMomma!

$52.74 32 oz Restorative CC, $49.50 32 oz Core CC. The price of core gallon was $177 before shipping/tax. Restorative CC will be $188?

Not a biggie, in a way of a price difference, shipping of $3 on such heavy package is a great deal, tax on this amount - not so much.

Do not really know, if to go for a gallon of MIF, or keep up with March TSV on AD.

Because if I take $78.40 (total price of the kit with shipping/tax) times 4 (the gallo

n of MIF + half a gallon of 613) the final price will come to $313.60.

The price of MIF gallon will be $188 +$3 + $18 (?) = $219 or about.

The difference of $94.60 left to fully pay for a half a gallon on 613. Bought separately, 613 half gallon would be $122 ( but before shipping/tax ).

All these calculations really did not bring me nowhere near the understanding, which way is a better way to get more MIF/BGT!

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I have 613 (of course) and BGT covered gallonwise.

Do not get between me and a MIF gallon!  I'm going for another crown!

@Someday there will be a SHP gallon and @HappeDaze and I will be rolling in with a semi.  Not sure where she lives, but maybe we can meet 1/2 way!

~~~

Don't forget me Drythe!  I'm definitely in for an SHP gallon, I'm set with gallons of BGT 

Honored Contributor

I've so added the information below to my first post so that the most up-to-date information is consolidated in the first post. -- bebe Smiley Happy 

___

Below I have included my best guesses for pricing on the upcoming 613, BGT & MIF gallons. I don't work for either QVC or Wen, so these are just my observations...

For this past June Gallons Month, both the Classic and Kids gallons were priced at $177 which was same as the June 2014 pricing (i.e. no cost increase). -- The new Seasonal gallons were priced at $188. 

Since the Restorative line (BGT & MIF) is most similar to the Seasonals, I would expect that the BGT & MIF gallons would each be priced at $188 as well. 

For the past two fall seasons, the 613 gallons have been priced at $199. I think that pirce will hold for this upcoming seaon. 

These days, there is a standard $3 S&H charge for all Wen products, kits, and gallons. -- When you choose a Wen gallons auto delivery plan, generally there is free S&H for the follow up shipment.

___

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Someday there will be a SHP gallon and @HappeDaze and I will be rolling in with a semi.  Not sure where she lives, but maybe we can meet 1/2 way!

~~~

Don't forget me Drythe!  I'm definitely in for an SHP gallon, I'm set with gallons of BGT 

~~~

Absolutely  ANewHue,

I LOVE ice cream too!  Can you imaging  @ANewHue@HappyDaze and I on a semi-rig run to the Q for gallons of WEN SHP eating ice cream all the way?

I am SOOOOOOO in for that!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

~~~

~~~

Absolutely  ANewHue,

I LOVE ice cream too!  Can you imaging  @ANewHue@HappyDaze and I on a semi-rig run to the Q for gallons of WEN SHP eating ice cream all the way?

I am SOOOOOOO in for that!

I luv SHP too, can I come along??? I'm a great navigator and am good with heavy lifting! 

Have you ladies tried the SHP oil? Every time I use it on my skin, the scent lasts and lasts. I can't wait to try it w 3/19. I'm in SHP heaven! 

**Suz**